𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐎 - 𝟐

Start from the beginning

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓, it was her job as Mother Nature after all. It was a title that took years to get used to, but she took pride in it. Her personality and morals all suddenly began to make much more sense after she gained control of her powers with the help of Sophia Bennett.

    Obviously, the Bennett's never helped for free–that is until they met her. The witches had all felt the peaceful shift in nature during her birth, they knew exactly what had happened and anticipated her arrival. It was only a matter of time before she'd come asking for help.

    And when she did, she was welcomed with open arms. Sophia took Renee under her wing for a few years, where she would finally be given her title of Mother Nature. She was taught what was prophesied for her, and that it was okay to stray from this path as long as it was for good.

    That leads her here, in the town of Stonington, Connecticut.

    The town was quite small. The streets are barren of any torches and barely paved. Only a few houses stood proudly, the foundation new along with everything else in town. There was one shop that had everything you'd need from groceries to hygiene–quite convenient if you asked Renee.

     How such a small town goes through such terror was the question lingering heavily in her mind as she looked around the bar. It was the first place you see when entering the town weirdly enough–you wouldn't expect an old bar to be the first sight of the town.

    Taking a sip of the cheap drink, Renee cringes at the taste. It was too bitter, and not in a good way either. Concealing her distaste for her drink as the bartender approaches, she smiles brightly, "this is really good."

    "Thank you, sweet lady," his midwestern accent coating his tongue. He was a sweet old man with a white handlebar mustache and a beer belly. Renee couldn't bear hurting his feelings about the drink. "What brings you here to Stonington?"

    "I'm just stopping by," Renee takes another sip of the drink to prove that she likes it despite her wanting to actually pour it in the trash. She suddenly became aware of a pair of eyes on her. From what she could tell, it was a vampire–god bless her powers for that skill. "I'm actually heading down to New Jersey. What about you? It's late shouldn't everyone be asleep."

    The sweet man immediately grew a liking towards her–completely platonic, of course. Something about her reminded him of his mother from the sweet caring glint in her eyes to the bright motherly smile. It made him want to protect her as his mother had done to him.

    "You've come to the wrong town if you're looking for sleep," the old man lets out a chuckle. The feeling of making someone else laugh made Renee's day. She smiles, her dimples showing up.

    From across the bar, he couldn't help it. His eyes stayed glued to her as she laughed and joked with the old man. The bright smile on her face was refreshing, something rare to see. Everything about her seemed so genuine–and that only made him want her even more.

    Something was also different about her. She wasn't human, there was no way she was, but she wasn't a vampire or witch either. A mystery was what she was. It only pulled him closer to her.