~ 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ~

On the twelfth hour of the first day of October 1989, 16 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual, only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

In the end, he got eight of them.

~~~~~~~

Marcus (Sparrow 1) Superstrength

Ben (Sparrow 2) Summons creatures from his chest

Fei (Sparrow 3) Uses crows for sight

Alphonso (Sparrow 4) Pain reduction that bounces back on enemies

Sloane (Sparrow 5) Gravity Manipulation

Jayme (Sparrow 6) Fearful Snarl and Hallucinogenic Venom

Christopher (Sparrow 7) Cold, Fear, and Paralysis Inducement

Dahlia (Sparrow 8) Ice Manipulation

~~~~~~~

It seemed to be a normal day for the Sparrow Academy as they were scattered around the house. Marcus was working out on the rooftop, delighting the fans who had come to watch. Ben was with Alphonso, Christopher and Jayme, who were eating the pizza they ordered about an hour ago. Sloane was sitting on her ceiling, reading from one of her books. And Fei sat in her room, feeding her crows.

But in the bedroom of Dahlia Hargreeves, it was a different story. She stared at one of the light blue walls in her room, where a dartboard hung, dots imprinted all over. Some were in the white zone, while others had previously hit a bullseye. She had been trying to improve for nearly two weeks now, and as much as she loved spouting ice shards from her mouth in battle, she felt there could be work done with her aim.

With a flick of her hand, an icicle began to form, landing in the center of her palm. This was her seventh attempt, and she hoped she could land it. Concentrate Dahlia. As the words repeated themselves in her head like a mantra, she stepped back on her right foot, wound her arm back and threw it, landing just where she wanted. Perfect.

Suddenly, the sounds of a blaring alarm brought her out of her focused state, along with footsteps heading towards the main room. "Dahlia, get out here. It's an emergency," Marcus said, just as she opened her door. "I'm coming," she nodded, following close behind. They stopped at the balcony right above the living room, where their father was talking to seven unknown individuals. 

"This isn't your home." "What are you talking about? This is the Umbrella Academy," one of the intruders stated. "Wrong again, this is the Sparrow Academy," Reginald gestured to the balcony, making them turn around. Out of the corner of her eye, Dahlia realized that not all her siblings were standing with her, Ben was missing.

"Guys, where is Ben?" She whispered. "He went downstairs to confront them," Fei responded. Sure enough, Ben's voice rang out, asking who the intruders were. They all stared at him, asking him if he was real, and how he was still alive, to which Ben just glared at them confused. "And who are the weirdos on the balcony?!" A long-haired man with a beard and knives questioned. "They are the Sparrows. My children," Reginald stated proudly.

Marcus tapped Dahlia's shoulder, whispering for her and the other Sparrows to follow him so they could meet up with their brother. "I'm sorry, what do you mean by your children? That's not possible, old man," a teenage boy wearing a school uniform questioned. "Of course it is! I think I'd know, wouldn't I?" Reginald responded.  Dahlia folded her arms across her chest, quickly growing impatient with the lack of information. "Enough beating around the bush, father! Who are these people?" she growled.

"They call themselves the Umbrella Academy, a group of scheming perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 while I was away on business in Dallas. Be warned, they claim to be my spawn," Dahlia nearly scoffed as she coldly stared at the Umbrellas, like a predator hunting for its prey. "Is he telling the truth?" Marcus asked. The Umbrellas looked at each other, desperate to water down the harshness of their father's statement.

"We're amateur-fidious at best, but we are his children. This is our house, we grew up here," they explained. "I think we would've noticed you if you did," Sloane quirked an eyebrow, seeming to quickly catch the gaze of the Umbrella's ape-man. He tried introducing himself, but Sloane just awkwardly glanced and smiled.

"Well, since you guys claim it's your house, I guess we'll just pack our things and move out," Dahlia spoke sarcastically. Right behind her, Christopher made a snarky joke that made his siblings chuckle. "You slay me, Chris," Ben said, his look of temporary joy fading back to seriousness. As the rest of the Sparrows regained their composure, Grace walked into the room with a plate of cookies, claiming they were the only things she could make on short notice.

"Mom..." The knife-wielding man glanced at her. "Mom? She's a robot, you perv," Jayme squinted. The other Umbrellas immediately jumped to his defense, breaking off into their own arguments. Marcus tried to settle the situation, but it only added fuel to the ensuing fire. "ENOUGH!" He shouted, just as Jayme spat her hallucinogenic venom.

"I don't know what circus you escaped from or how you got past our security. But you have 30 seconds to get out of our house," Sparrow One warned. "What if we don't?" the raven-haired girl smirked. "Then... we'll have to settle this the old-fashioned way,"