𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8

Start from the beginning

"Gauri...Gauri..." Bondita called her as she was setting her bed.

"What is Bondita?"

"Do you know, morning I saw a man.." and she was cut in middle by her dear friend

"Is it.... does he look 'Handsome'." Gauri as her with an excited eyes, but ended up getting a sharp glare from Bondita.

"Ok I won't speak, you continue" she said keeping her finger on her lips.

"By the way, he looked nice" she told as if she was least interested. Gauri smirked sarcastically as she saw her friend blushing secretly.

"And today he called me near the pond to meet. Should I go?"

"Your wish" Gauri told bluntly, to which Bondita gave an irritated sigh. She lied on the mat and started playing with the worn out thread of her saree. She wasn't able to ignore his thoughts. She just got up from the mat and sat beside Gauri.

"Gauri, should we check if he is here" with this Gauri got up and sat beside her

"Okay, let's go"

"What if someone caught us"

"Don't worry, everyone is asleep" They both wrapped the shawl around them and headed towards the pond. Gauri stood a few meters far from the pond to make sure no one sees them. While Bondita walked near the pond and hid behind the stone to see whether he has arrived.

But unfortunately Anirudh was walking from the opposite direction and saw her hiding. He went behind her and stood there.

"Are you searching me Bondita?" He asked her. Bondita was shocked and was scared at the same time. It almost gave a heart attack. She immediately turned towards him and found him laughing at her expression.

"Why will I search for you. Do you think I don't have any other work" she scoffed at him with a large angry frown.

"Is it.. so whom are you searching for ?"

"I-I " she wasn't able to cook stories for his sudden question

"Why do you want to know?" she asked him as he started laughing at her childish behavior. He held her hand and started pulling her towards the car.

"Where are you taking me?"

no reply

"What are you doing?"

no reply

"Leave me, let me go?" she raised her voice.

He turned towards her and glared at her making her go quiet, and again started pulling her towards the car. He made her sit inside the car and started driving. While he was driving she kept on irritating him with her questions but he did not answer any of them.

"Wait a minute, are you trying to kidnap me" which made him chuckle

"Yes maybe" he told her making her glare him with a cute angry expression

"Don't even try to do something wrong with me. You know, if my Sakha Babu gets to know about it he will just trash you and throw you out of the universe." She scoffed at him. As soon as he heard her saying about her "Sakha babu" he stopped the car with a sudden jerk. He was carving to hear it from her.

"Who is he?" he asked her to know about her feelings towards him. He almost asked her in a cracking voice.

"He is my best friend. You know we used to play together. He was the only support I had after mom. He used to feed me and he also thought me to write our names. But once he left me alone and went to London. I miss him very much" by this time both the pair of eyes was filled with tears.

"And you, once he come back I will tell him about you and make sure you get punished" she said rubbing her tears. After that he wasn't able to utter a word. He just dropped her near the temple. She got down and walked a few steps when she heard him.

"Wait"

"What now?" she asked angrily

"Take this" he gave her the small clay pot

"What is in it?"

"Your favorite" he gave it and turned when she stopped him

"Wait....umm....what's your name?" she asked.

Now Anirudh did not want to reveal his identity. So he was searching for a name and fortunately found the book "Devdas" lying on his car.

"Devdas" he murmured

"What" she asked as she could not hear properly

"I am Devdas" he told with a sheepish smile. To which she just nodded and went back to the temple and Anirudh went home with great satisfaction.

                                 *************************************

How was the chapter

Hope you enjoyed it

Vote target - 40

comments - 20