010 back to the future

Start from the beginning

Robin turned her head slightly towards Eden with a smile. "When the Russian doctor took out the bone saw." Steve laughed. "Oh, my god." Robin giggled a bit. "It was just a little bit, though." Steve smiled to himself. "Yeah, it's definitely still in her system."

"Uh, Eden... can I ask you a question?" Steve wondered as the girl hadn't been speaking up. Eden nodded before realizing he couldn't see her. "Yeah. Go ahead." Steve nodded to himself. "Okay, uh... what did you mean outside? When you were talking about your friend."

Eden curled up on herself, pulling her knees to her chest. "I wasn't completely truthful with you when I said what happened the other night... I didn't even tell Robin anything happened but, uh, I had gone to my friend— Heathers house. To, you know, check up on her... she was acting weird but I stayed anyways and then she slammed a bottle against the back of my head. I woke up later in this basement." She began rubbing at her wrists. "And uh, I was next to Heathers parents tied up on the ground. I got away but I don't think they did."

"Shit." Robin gasped, staring forward. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" Eden shrugged. "I think I still want to protect her? I mean— she was like family to me. She was there for me the whole time I was dealing with my parents and I guess I just didn't want to believe she'd do that, I still don't." Steve sighed, putting the pieces together. "What happened to your parents?"

Eden took in a deep breath. "Oh, you know... just your average plane crash. They had this big business meeting for their company they never made it to. Somehow the plane had been able to fly with some faulty systems and crashed." Eden bit her lip. "But it's all kind of depressing so I don't usually open with it. Can... we move on to the next topic?"

Robin nodded and sat up next to Eden. "Yeah. All right, my turn."

"Okay." Steve groaned out, trying to get past what he just heard. "Hit me." Robin sent a quick look towards her blonde friend before pulling her eyes forward again. "Have you... ever been in love?" Steve sighed. "Yep. Nancy Wheeler. First semester, senior year." He imitated a gun shot before chuckling lowly to himself. "Oh, my god. She's such a priss." Robin scoffed, thinking about the girl.

Eden didn't comment. She wasn't good friends with Nancy, but she liked the girl enough. "Hm. Turns out, not really." Robin formed a new question. "Are you still in love with Nancy?"

Steve shook his head. "No." Robin sighed. "Why not?" Steve clicked his tongue lightly as Eden rested her head on Robins shoulder. "I think it's because I found someone who's a little bit better for me. It's crazy. Ever since Dustin got home, he's been saying, "You know, you gotta find your Suzie. You gotta find your Suzie." Robin looked forward confused. "Who's Suzie?"

"It's some girl from camp, I guess his girlfriend. To be honest with you, I'm not 100% sure she's even real. But that's not that's not really the point. That doesn't matter." Steve shrugged, though that wasn't what he wanted to focus on. "The point is, this girl, you know, the one that I like, it's somebody that... I talked to once and then messed it up with. And I don't even know why. Maybe 'cause Tommy H. would've made fun of me if I had continued to talk to her that night or I wouldn't be... prom king. It's stupid. I mean, Dustin's right, it's all just a bunch of bullshit anyways."

He took in a breath. "Because, when I think about it, I should've been hanging out with this girl the whole time. First of all, she's really quick witted. She's so funny. I feel like, this past week, I have laughed harder than I have laughed in a really long time. And she's smart. Way smarter than me. You know, she can help her friend crack, like, top secret Russian codes and... you know? She's honestly unlike anyone I've ever even met before." Steve finished. Eden lightly smiled to herself as Robin nudged her, giving the girl a quick smile as well.