002 evil russains

002   evil russains

002 evil russains

Eden pulled her sunglasses over her eyes as the sun blared down on her. The lifeguard tower was meant to protect from that, but somehow the sun found the perfect position to spite her. Out of the corner of her eye Eden watched as a little girl, Mary, was dragged under water by her big brother.

With a roll of her eyes, as the two emerged once more and Eden saw Mary was okay, she blew her whistle before placing the megaphone that stayed at the lifeguard chair up against her mouth and looked at the siblings.

"Peter! How many times have I told you about dragging her underwater? Do it again and you won't be seeing this pool till next summer, got it?" Eden threatened, watching as the boy nodded his head before turning to his sister, apologizing.

Eden put the megaphone back down and continued watching, catching all the other lifeguards, minus Billy, sitting at a table together by the pool. While Eden really didn't know him, she could tell something was wrong with Billy.

He was acting strange and in general just seemed out of it. She didn't really care per-say, she was just observant. But then the sound of her watch beeping telling her that her shift was over brought Eden back and she began to go down the ladder from her seat.

Heather was up after Eden, so as the girl walked past her best friend, Heather stopped her. "Hey." Eden smiled. "Hi." Heathers smile grew and Eden watched as an idea formed just from her friends expression. "So, I was thinking... tomorrow during one of my breaks since you're not working we should hang out. I could even seen if Adam will let me merge a few so we can spend more time together."

Eden nodded her head. "I'm super down! Just call me tomorrow and I'll drive over whenever you get your break." Heather nodded back. "Sweet! Tomorrows meant to rain anyways from what I saw this morning so it should be a pretty easy day."

"Heather! Get up there!" Adam yelled from his spot at the table. Heather shot him a thumbs up before sending Eden one more excited smile and walking back towards the lifeguard chair. Eden chuckled as she made her way over to said table, sitting on top of it with a smile.

But then the phone at the front desk began to ring and Eden threw her head back annoyed, because it had always been the rule between lifeguards at the Hawkins pool that last to sit down had to go get it. "Hurry before it stops ringing." Eva taunted jokingly, usually being the one to get the phone.

"Yeah, yeah." Eden replied, beginning a slight jog to catch the phone in time. "Hey! No running at my pool!" Adam teased, laughing as Eden shot him a glare. 

She reached the phone and put it to her ear. "This is Hawkins pool where summer fun is our job, I'm Eden how may I help you?" Someone from the other line laughed a bit, throwing Eden off. But then she heard who it was and it made total sense. "Eden, this is Robin. While I want to talk about that hilariously dry delivery that is keeping me from ever wanting to step foot at that pool, I am royally bored and request entertainment."