They looked at her skeptically.

"How can we be sure?" George said. "You could've used Polyjuice Potion and you're actually McGonagall pretending to be Claire."

"And why would Professor McGonagall do something like that?" Claire said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I don't know. Maybe she's trying to crack down on the students who are trying to enter the competition illegally." George replied.

"Well, I can assure you idiots that I am not McGonagall using Polyjuice Potion to pose as myself." Claire said.

"What?" the twins said in confusion.

"You know what forget it." Claire sighed in exasperation. "And to think I told Hermione you weren't stupid."

"Aw," Fred cooed. "Little Claire-bear stood up for us! Did you hear that Georgie?"

"Yes, Freddie, I believe I did. Come here you!" George and Fred enveloped her into a squishing hug.

Claire pried herself away, glaring at the both of them. "Stop it, you idiots. Don't ever do that again."

The twins faked hurt.

"That hurt, Claire. Right in here." Fred said pointing to his chest.

Claire rolled her eyes. "You'll get over it."

More students came in and soon Professor McGonagall walked in.

"Welcome to sixth year Transfiguration!" Professor McGonagall began. "This year will be all about preparing all of you for the N.E.W.T.S exams. This will be the final test to show where you will get a job at. We will be learning the Bird-Conjuring Charm and Human Transfiguration."

There was excited chatter at the mention of Human Transfiguration.

"However," Professor McGonagall continued, "Today, you will be having a pop-quiz."

The whole class groaned.

"Don't worry. The pop-quiz will be on things from previous years of Transfiguration. I need to know where you all stand. You cannot learn new things unless you master the old first. Now, desks cleared except for a quill and ink. You may begin when you receive your quiz. You have until the end of the period."

Something tells me this year isn't going to be easy. Claire thought to herself as she started the quiz.

The bell rang for the end of first period. Claire and the twins walked out of the classroom.

"Great way to start off the new year, wasn't it?" Claire deadpanned.

"Oh, yes, absolutely spiffy," Fred said.

"Can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds," George said.

"I'll see you two at lunch," Claire said. "I have to get to my next class. Good luck trying to figure out how to enter the competition."

Claire made her way towards Hagrid's small wooden cabin, which stood on the edge of the Forbidden Forest. She spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione talking to Hagrid outside his hut.

"Hey!" Claire greeted them.

"Mornin'!" Hagrid said, grinning at Claire. "'Eard Professor McGonagall put yer in sixth year Transfiguration. How was it?"

"Nothing too exciting. Just a pop-quiz." Claire said. "How was your summer Hagrid?"

"Great. I 'eard about yer uncle. Sorry ter here tha'." Hagrid said.