"Now why would you do that, you know I'm ticklish." 

"That's exactly why I did it" I gave him a toothy grin.

Before Courtland can respond, his uncle presses play on the video "Quiet down youngins, The video's beginning. You can talk amongst your selves silently or wait until the vids over."

I look up at Latrelle. Our eyes make eye contact and I can tell he's about to try and start a conversation with me. But before his voice can even leave his throat, I put my finger to my lips and signal him to hush- a cheeky smile plagued my face.

~

The video ends and Latrelle takes his opportunity to quiz me on something. "What's that schedule looking like Lil Finney" 

"Yeah... you gon' need to stop calling me that."  I laughed.

"Lil Finn? OH! Lil Finns??"

"Latrelle... honey... hush. Please."  I tried not to entertain him with a laugh, but the bare level of creativity to the names was definitely causing a struggle.

This dude was trynna stick me with a Shark Tales type of nickname. 

"I'm sticking with Lil Finns. So like I said.. Lil Finns- How's that schedule?"

He leaned over and pulled my paper to the side. I go to reach for it but he stands up and holds the paper in the air. His head adjusted to look up at the papers as i tried to reach again.

The papers grazed my hand  but he opted to stand on a chair and get even higher. 

"YO! WE HAVE 5/7 CLASSES TOGETHER." I hop up on the table and pull the papers from him

"SAY SIKE RIGHT NOW."

This can be a blessing or a curse. Sure he's good looking- but he's annoying as hell. 

"Courtland can I see your schedule really quickly?" I look at my friend

He hands me his schedule and I come to the conclusion... that not only did me, Latrelle Courtland, and the crew have the same homeroom- we all shared the same five classes. 

Okay.. okay no biggie. We just have to hope Cesar doesn't-

"Hey.. guys..." We all whip our heads in the direction of the voice that wavered nervously

.

.

You gotta be fucking kidding me.... 

~~~

It's now 1st period.  Geometry.  Having math first thing in the morning should be a federal crime. 

My eyes droop as I struggle to listen to our syllabus. I feel someone tap my shoulder from behind though I chose to ignore the feeling and continue to snooze.

.

"Lil Finns" I hear a whispered callout.

"Yes Latrelle?" I whispered back.. 

"Can you explain this to me.."

"No listen to the teacher." I turn my head into my arms, trying to block out the light from the window so it can be darker.

.

.

.

"Finns.." 

"Yes.." I spoke, my voice muffling

"Are you sleeping?"

"No.. I'm trying to connect to this desk on a spiritual level.." I grumbled.

.

.

.

"Finns-"

"Latrelle shut the absolute fuck up I'm trying to nap." I whisper shout

"Well, you can nap in detention Ms. Finney" I jolt up and look to my right. There's our geometry teacher staring down at my semi-groggy form.

"But-"  

"Aht. No Buts." She cuts me off. 

I drop my head onto the desk in frustration.  Detention on Day 1?

.

.

"Lil Finns.."

"Latrelle so help me-"

"I was just gonna say I got your back" His face carried a mischievous smile.

I looked at him confused I watched him turn around slam Cesar's head onto the desk.

Cesar groans in pain as mine and the crew's faces drop. 

In the back I can hear Jasmine yell "Oh shit!"

I looked at Latrelle once more, shock now covering my face 

"The hell-"

"We have beef, I don't need any reason to hurt his ass other than that."

"Noted" I nodded still in shock 

"Mr. Campbell! Principal's Office, NOW!"

Latrelle smirks a bit. "Catch you later Finns" He picks up his bag and heads out.

.

.

.

What the fuck is wrong with him-

To be Continued...

~~~~~~~~

Am I solely picking on Cesar cuz I don't like him? Yes. I am. This boy will be bruised and battered by the time this book is over. I might show SOME leniency.. keywords MIGHT and SOME- I make no promises.

I gave Latrelle a last name b/c I don't remember him having one in the show. So in this book his name is Latrelle Campbell.

I FINALLY know my direction for this book. The more I wrote about the characters for this chapter the more ideas I got and so now? I think ya'll are in for a ride.

I'll give you guys a picture of Courtland and his backgroung in a lil Authors note once I find a good face claim for him. 

Anyways.. till next time! 

Pluto Out!