ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴɢᴀɢᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ.

"We are no longer related to each other, Natsuki. For how long will you let yourself believe that I'm still yours? It's been years, Natsuki. It's been years since the day I stopped loving you." Her tears finally fell from her eyes but she quickly wiped it. She released herself from his hug and when she faced him, he leaned his face closer to kiss her lips.

She froze on her spot and it took her a few seconds before she could push him away. She clenched her fists tight but then, she slapped him hard before leaving his place. She started crying while walking on the sidewalk. People looked at her but she decided to ignore them. She bit her lips hard that it almost bled. She couldn't believe she let him do that to her. She wiped her lips to remove the remnants of his feelings he put upon it.

"Julia?" She stopped from her tracks when she heard that familiar voice. More tears fell from her eyes and she felt guiltier. He reached for her and she ran to his arms. She sobbed quietly and muttered her apologies.

"Is he the reason why you're crying now?" He asked and she eventually nodded. She couldn't lie to him anymore or else, she will feel like the worst girlfriend for him. He released her from the hug and she could see the disappointment and pain in his eyes.

"Yuuhi, I tried my best." Her voice slowly trailed the loneliness it brought to his heart. He shook his head and smiled faintly. He reached for her hand instead and held it. He didn't utter any words after that. They arrived at their favorite coffee shop and she stopped from her tracks when the rain started to fall. She stretched her arm and the raindrops touched her palm.

"Rain during winter?" She mumbled while looking up at the dark skies. Yuuhi took the umbrella she had been carrying since the start and opened it to cover themselves. Her gaze landed upon him as she realized that everything changed already. The man in front of her is not Natsuki. That man is Yuuhi.

"Don't you think it is the right time for you to completely forget about him?" He asked and she heaved a deep sigh before nodding her head. She should focus on him instead. Yuuhi is now her present.

"Yes, now is the right time." She said, almost a whisper as only both of them heard her response. He nuzzled his palm against her cheeks and then, he left a kiss on her lips. They have been together for almost a year now and he would only kiss her when she was sad. It made her feel that every moment of it is a healing moment.

"Why are you even doing this to me?! I thought we already talked about this!" She shouted as she shoved his hand away from her face. He hissed while pulling his hair. She grabbed her luggage and walked out of his house. He chased her but it was already too late for him.

"Julia!" He called for her while running after the cab she just rode off. He shouted her name countless times until he felt like losing his voice. He opened his palm and saw the ring she gave back to him. It was their engagement ring.

He stared at the ring he was holding. Everything that happened from the past felt like it was just yesterday. The rainy café dates, the wedding proposal he prepared for her and such. He put it back inside the box and closed it. He was still thinking what could be the real reason why she backed out from their upcoming wedding. He doesn't believe that she already moved on from him because he was able to see the longingness in her eyes when they met.

He sat up on his bed and looked around. Their photos together were patched on the wall and he could make a photo book with it if ever he wanted to. He removed the photos and threw them on the study table. He started unpacking his luggage and then, he decided to go out to buy some materials for the handmade photo book he has in his mind.

He smiled while looking at the paper and board sheets in front of him. He was having a hard time picking the right material for it but at the same time, he was enjoying it. He kept on looking around and comparing things until he caught a glimpse of her with another man. They were walking hand on hand. She was smiling brightly at the man like she used to do to him. He forced a smile as he already found out the real reason why she left him.

"It's true. She doesn't love me anymore." He mumbled to himself and he put the materials back to the organizers. He slid his hands in his pockets and decided to see her for the last time. She froze on her spot and he walked past her. Yuuhi looked at her and she was almost crestfallen.

"Sayonara." Natsuki said before continuing his tracks. She gripped on Yuuhi's hand tightly and a sad smile formed on her lips. She looked down and let his hand go to cover her face. When she thought that it would be the last time she would see him but it turned out that his last goodbye will be the most painful.

"Pathetic." She said to herself while faking a laugh between her sobs. She wiped her tears and Yuuhi looked at Natsuki's retreating back. He wanted to confront him but this would only lead to a messy situation.

"Let's go now." Yuuhi said and he started walking again. All she could do was to follow him. They were in a public place and crying was the least thing she would do there. She fixed herself and reached for his hand to hold it.

"All I need from you is to keep your words. Is it that hard to do? Am I not enough?" He asked her and she immediately hugged him from behind. She already lost Natsuki and she couldn't afford to lose Yuuhi now.

"No, you're enough, more than enough, Yuuhi. Please.. just.. give me more time. Please." She tightened her hug around him and he took a deep breath before nodding. She can't waste any more chances that he gives to her.