CHAPTER 1

The alarm blared close to his ears, and the loud vibration sounds buzzing on the bedside table made him flinch.

A hoarse groan escaped from his lips, brows furrowing at the unwelcome intrusion of his well-needed sleep.

Donghyuck lazily shut the alarm off, then grabbed his vibrating phone, his eyes still hardly fluttering to open.

Blindly sliding to answer, a booming voice immediately greeted him the moment he placed the device on his ear.

"Fuck you," he grumbled right after.

[Mhm, understandable, but I'd be glad if you're completely ready once we'll pick you up.]

"You're going here?" Donghyuck unwillingly pushed himself up the bed and yawned.

[Granpop's orders. Do you want your ass to get hit on the first day, Lee Donghyuck? ]

"Oh, first day, yeah."

[Good lord, cousin. Anyhoo, see you in thirty.]

"Thirty? Hey! Hey!"

Donghyuck can just flop down again when the call ends, eyes on the plain ceiling as his mind goes blank for a second.

He just recalled this day being the first day of the school year, and the male can already foresee his mood for the entire year.

Donghyuck groaned as he rubbed his face, the digital clock showing that he had already wasted ten minutes of nothing.

Finally, Donghyuck got out of bed, eyeing the unbelievable mess on the floor. Well, it's pretty much a normal view for him, but for sure, if someone named Lee Jeno finds out, his ears will be full of nags again.

Deciding to do the mess later, Donghyuck took a lengthy shower, then let his damp feet leave traces on the way to his wardrobe.

Choosing to just dress normally includes a black shirt, leather jacket, fitted jeans, and brown ankle boots. The male's eyes suddenly spotted the small tattoo on the back of his wrist.

It's as green as ever, though not so dark and healthy, just a lighter one.

It wasn't as cringe-worthy as he usually thinks it is. It has a lovely meaning, honestly—the four-leaf clover. 

Though it wasn't Donghyuck's decision, neither visited a tattoo shop to get it—it was by birth. The tattoo grew clearer until he was 18, the minimum age to meet your soulmate.

Soulmate. An irrelevant mission to look and tie yourself to a stranger, and the weirdest, not funny, creation of the deities.

Because what the fuck? Do you expect people to fall in love at first sight, and if your soulmate rejects you, you will never find your happiness again?

Just another failed witchcraft of bored angels, he says.

"At least you're not ugly," he hummed, covering the tattoo with a wristwatch. At the same time, the doorbell rang.

REDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें