4 - Back to Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

Rooney didn't mind apparition as a form of transportation all too much, it was a very efficient way of getting from one location to another, but she has yet to learn it herself yet, and she was awfully scared of accidentally splinching herself in the process. Roger was not a fan of it whatsoever, it made him sick every time but since they were running a bit behind, it was the best option.

Suddenly the Davies home began to twist and turn around them and soon enough the four of them could feel themselves being spun through space until their surroundings began to appear as platform 9 and 3/4. Roger immediately let go of Rooney's hand and tan to the nearest garbage bin and threw up what was this mornings breakfast.

"Oh gross Rog".

"Yeah whatever, I hate that so much."

"Well maybe next year you'll finally be on time for once?" His mother said with a humorous glint in her eyes.

"Hopefully, it will be our last year after all!" Rooney joked.

The Davies family including Rooney, all gathered around as they said their goodbyes and gave each other hugs until they saw one another again.
Mr. Davies took a hold of Roger by his shoulders and said to him, "Remember Roger, you were given an important task this year, to look after Rooney, I know you can do it, but that means don't spend all your time dedicated to quidditch alright? The world is becoming a darker place son, and we are one of the few that knows about this. As proud as I am of you of your quidditch skills, they will not help us against what may come. Study hard, protect Rooney, and try to have some fun eh?"

Roger gave his father a firm nod and said, "I promise dad."

Elias looked over at Rooney next and gave her a big bear hug. "If you ever need anything at all, we're just an owl away, but try and bother our son first before coming to us alright?"

Rooney laughed and gave her father figure a big grin and said, "Of course, I'll be sure to bother him all the time."

"Oh great." Roger said but with a side smile knowing his best friend was only joking, sort of.

Gretchen gave her son and her adopted daughter both hugs and a kiss on the cheek as they shared their final goodbyes as the two students grabbed their trunks and began their walk towards the train.

After packing their trunks and one final wave towards Mr. and Mrs. Davies, the two boarded the train and headed for and empty compartment, hoping there were any left.

Luckily they found one towards the back of the train and quickly closed the compartment door and made themselves comfortable on the cushioned seats.
"Well if you need me I'll be napping until we arrive, so if you please, do not disturb," said Roger as he laid back on the seat, feet propped up and arms draped over his face.

Rooney just shook her head at him and grabbed a book out of her bag to read to pass the time. She didn't mind that Roger wanted to sleep the whole journey back to Hogwarts, they were quite comfortable in one another's presence where they did not need to talk with one another to pass the time.

Rooney has also noticed that her best friend has been stressing himself out the past week ever since their meeting with Shacklebolt. She could tell that he felt pressured to do his best when it comes to being Rooney's personal protectant while at school. She did her best to explain to him that Hogwarts is the safest place they could possibly be, and what could possibly happen while they were at school? "When was the last time someone died at Hogwarts?" She would ask him. "You and I will be fine, and I trust you to look after me, Hogwarts makes me feel safe, as do you Rog, we have nothing to worry for."

This conversation happened the night before they left back to Hogwarts, with the two sitting on Rogers bed staring up at the ceiling. Roger looked over at Rooney, and gave her a warm smile. "I trust you too Roo."