𝐄𝐍𝐀 - 𝟏

Start from the beginning

    The torch lighting up the room flickers with the wind blowing in from the open window. The bronze glow casts the mother's beautiful sobbing face as she continues her painful pushes. From the corner of the room, the father watches in horror as his wife screams in agony. The doctor advised him to stay back so he isn't in the way of birth, but he wanted nothing more than to hold his wife and whisper how she'd be alright.

    "One more push," the accented nurse spoke gently, holding the head of the baby. She was almost out. The mother could almost cry in relief. With one last agonizing push, the baby was out. The shrill cry of her tiny voice echoes in the room as the mother and father watch their child in the nurse's hands in awe.

     Soon the crying baby was placed on the mother's chest, and as if recognizing her mother's touch, the baby no longer cried. The couple looks up at each other with tearful eyes. It was painfully worth it.

    With a gentle caress of her finger, the mother looks down at the baby with such love, "welcome home, Renee Winters."

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟒, 𝟏𝟒𝟏𝟕

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐂 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘. The fragrance of rich flowers and greenery hung heavily around Renee as she waltzed through the paved path. The gravel crunched under her feet as she walked closer to her home. It was a comfortable size, nothing extraordinary, but enough for the family of three.

    Outside, a group of bunnies waited for her arrival, like they knew which time she was coming home. Every day, when she was free of her chores and job, she fed the bunnies who struggled to find food. It had become a beautiful routine that Renee had grown to love.

    "Hello, cuties," she squats down in front of the small group who creep closer to her. Her hand reaches for the smallest bunny who clearly hasn't gotten the nutrients it needs. A small frown tugs on her lips, "oh, you poor little thing."