Chapter 1:Detention

Depuis le début

"HEY!!"Xie Lian yelled, his tongue twisting not knowing the boy's name as he came down to check if he was alright.He glared at the other two and they just stared at him there eyes not showing any hint of regret.Xie Lian stood up abruptly from his crouching position staring down the two boys, watching their faces shift as Xie Lian marched up quickly toward them.

SLAP

Xie Lian's hand swept the face of the one who hit the handsome male behind him and he snarled at them both."Never touch him again,"The two boys stared at Xie Lian and then themselves.

"HEY WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!!?" A loud booming voice arrupted and the two confident boys went pale as they saw a teacher start running toward them.They ran, clumsily tripping over themselves as they went.Xie Lian sighed before gathering his attention to the other young man.The handsome male was still on the ground, his clothes gathered dirt and grim from falling to the ground.Xie Lian crouched to him again and brushed the dirt away.

"Are you ok?They hit you pretty hard.."Xie Lian asked with concern, lacing his voice.

"I'm fine, thank you..."He said back and his coal black eye looked up at Xie Lian and he smiled."Nice hit."He said and Xie Lian puffed out a laugh.He couldn't help it as what Xie Lian thought was his first impression of this boy was that he was rather charming with a hint of mischief, and just a pinch of humor thrown in the mix by the comment.

Xie Lian's laughter faded as quickly as it had appeared when the teacher came into view.Xie Lian stood stiffly as the teacher came up with a scowl on their face."Xie Lian your our star student, why are you getting involved in fights in your last year with us?"The teacher spoke up with disappointment soaked in his words.

"I-!"Before Xie Lian could respond however, the handsome male next to him stood up straight and tall, making his presence apparent.

"My fault."He said bluntly and Xie Lian frowned thinking: 'He shouldn't take all the blame, those boys who ran away seemed to be the ones who started the fight anyway,' But before he could voice his thoughts the teacher's voice sprang to life.

"Hmmph, I'm not surprised that you're the one who started this Hua Cheng, always causing trouble is what you're good at. You're going to detention as usual."The teacher said and his voice radiated annoyance with a mix of tired certainty.The boy–Hua Cheng–ducked his head as he nodded.

"Wait.I was involved too, I should go to detention as well."Xie Lian said and Hua Cheng snapped his head up to frown deeply at Xie Lian.Xie Lian smiled at him in response."You shouldn't take all the blame."

"Xie Lian, you're a good kid, and your record is spotless, do you really want to ruin it by going to detention?"The teacher asked and Xie Lian nodded, a certainty flowing off of him."...Fine."The teacher sighed with a tinge of disappointment laced through his words."Follow me.."The teacher said but then XIe Lian remembered one thing he had to do before being lead away.

"Ah!Wait!"He said quickly."The paper...?"The teacher looked at him confused but Hua Cheng reached into his jacket and unfolded a piece of paper."AH!Thank you!How'd you get this?'

"It flew by me earlier."Hua Cheng said as he straightened his coat again.

"Thank you! Can I return this to Shi Qingxuan before we go?"Xie Lian asked the teacher and the teacher nodded before looking at Hua Cheng and going ahead of them.

"Follow me,"The teacher said and Hua Cheng just nodded quietly as his eyes diverted from Xie Lian's.Xie Lian quickly ran back to Shi Qingxuan who was still sitting at their seat writing on the papers and putting them in a different pile.Shi Qingxuan's gaze flew up as Xie Lian ran in and put the paper on the desk.