Darkness

Hi. Im Carson. I died at the age of 18. I didn't choose to die, it just sorter happened. It all started about 2 years ago. I was 16 and in my last year at school. This is my story.

It  was early one Saturday morning, there was a knock at the door. I looked out my window but couldn't quite see. I figured that they would know somebody was in because the sound of my window opening and closing.

 I walked down my marble stairs and open the big wooden door to find a package labelled Destiny I picked the large box up and placed it on a table by the door. Even though i was curious to what was inside it, i decided to leave it.

I walked into the kitchen and got a glass and filled it with water as the front door opens and slams shut making the house shake.

"Mum?" I shouted confused

"Oh hey sweetie. i didn't think you would be up this early" she said with a big smile.

"So you thought if you slammed the door it would wake me?" i said sarcastically

She just smiled at me.

"who's the box for then?" she said sounding strange

"oh.. i dont know. the label says Destiny?" i watched as she brought it into the kitchen and got her keys out and cut through the tape and opens up the box.

"I-its for you" she said looking worried.

"oh? what is it then?" i watch as she starts to shake a little.

"I'll tell you later! I promised the new neighbours we would help them with their boxes" she said while pushing me out the door.

i walked over to the neighbours house.

"Hey! you must be Daisy's daughter. Im David, but you can call me Dave." Dave Smiled at me while shaking my hand.

"Yes Im Carson" i smiled back being polite.

"Hello Carson. You can take this box up to Matty's room, If you dont mind." he said holding out a box saying  Matty's shizz!

"sure thing" i said with the biggest smile i could find.

i walked up the stairs of the house that has the same layout as mine, but this house was older. I could tell with the smell of mold that seemed to fade the higher i get. I walk along the hallway until i found a room with the door open and i stare. At who i can only guess to be Matty. He was tall, with long hair and beautiful sky blue eyes. He was gorgeous!

"Err.. Hi, do i know you?" he stared at me, probs because i was staring at him.

"oh! im Carson, i live next door. im helping move boxes. Your dad sent me up." i said trying to to stare.

"oh! come sit down.. i wont bite" he said with a weird look in this eyes.

"O-okay" i said.

i went over and sat on the bed next to him looking round the room and seeing from the window you could see my room.

After talking and getting to know him for a while i saw that he wasnt just Beautiful on the outside.. but on the inside to.

It turns out that he lived in Scotland before moving down here to Hampshire and he is joining the same school as me and will be in all my lessons. Which to me is great.

I didnt realise my mum had left until Dave came up to say You still here? your mum left an hour ago so i decided that it was time for me to go before she starts phoning me  to come home.

I walked into my house and smelt burning. So i ran into the kitchen to find my mum passed out on the kitchen floor and all the food burning! I had to do something! but what?

I flicked the cooker off and legged it round to ask Dave for help. He managed to get my mum out of the kitchen but the house had set on fire. We called the fire brigade, it took them less then 7 minutes to get here, but by that time the fire had spread.

After 48minutes of trying to put the fire out, they finally did. But they said the house was unstable for me and my mum to live in.

During that time, Matty took my mum to the hospital and she had woken. It turned out that she had epilepsy, Its where the brain shuts down from flashing lights or sunlight.

She was aloud to come home that night, but we couldnt go home. It wasnt home anymore, it was ruins. We had no where to live.

"You can stay with us." Dave said out of the blue.

"Oh that would be great, Thank you!" my mum said looking relieved

It was also great for me because it meant seeing Matty everyday.

*****MORNING*****

I couldnt remember going to sleep that night. I mean yesterday was eventful enough.

I walked down stairs to find everyone else up and dressed in the back garden. I walked out forgetting that i was in my p.j's with my fluffy slippers on and my hair was a mess.

"Morning Sunshine" My mum called, turning all eyes on me.

"Morning.. im going to get dressed now" i rushed from the garden upstairs so they couldnt reply and ran straight into Matty.

"oh.. im sorry!" i said trying not to blush.

"nah its fine. Im used to girls running into me" He winked and walked into his room.

what does he mean by that?i thought to myself for a while then finally understood what he ment. The flirt.

I went into my room, well not my room, but the room i was staying in for the time being. Then i realise all my clothes burnt from the fire. So i put on what i wore yesterday. Brushed through my hair quickly, and went down stairs.

"mum, i have no clothes" i said trying not to look like a beggar.

"okay. Here's some money, you can go into town and get some!" she said handing me about £125

"oh, you can go with Matty. He needs school supplies" he said as Matty walked through the doors.

"what am i doing?" he said looking tired.

"going into town with Carson, to get school supplies and clothes" Dave laughed.