Chapter 4. - Meeting (Gore/Blood Warning)

3rd Person POV

    A subtle knock sounded on the door of the sleeping room of the kids. Feil noticed and tried to contact the others through sign language, "What is it Feil" Somebody's at the door  Feil signed in response. Night slowly made her way to the door ready for anything; she slowly opened it to find a kid around Cam's age at the door with tear stained eyes and a confused look on his face. Whatever Night had expected to see that was not it; "Hey there, come in, come in. and if you were looking the rest of the kids here we are; you're in the right place." She had said comforting tone to try and ease his nerves.

Mark's POV

     "hello," I stammered knowing that this group of kids was kind of like a pack, Alpha, Beta, Omega, and everyone had a place; that is until me. "Before you ask my name is Mark." I hated answering questions so I felt the need to say it before I was asked about it. The girl who had answered the door had light brown skin and jet black hair with green eyes and seemed nice; but just startled at seeing a new kid. Which is understandable considering that as of now I am an outsider to the pack. everyone froze what they were doing and another girl with pale skin and dirty blonde hair with light blue eyes stood and stated her name as she motioned for the others to do the same.

     "Hey there Mark, I'm... Tiff but everyone here calls me Tech." she said with hesitation but at the same time firmness, This is the alpha I thought to my self as a boy around her age 13-14, stepped up right beside her, he nodded 

     "I'm James but to everyone here I'm Jump." he stated the Beta.  The others followed suit in order as if it were clockwork. 

     "Natalie, Night" The girl who led me in stated followed by 

     "he's Felix; we call him Feil and he talks though sign language and I'm Camren but here I'm Cam."  she was my age; I got a headache bad one then I could see really see Cam  her soul was innocent like a puppy but kicked one too many times. It came to me Her parents died by gunshot; bounty hunter. Blood everywhere. I fell back on one of the empty beds as the image replayed in my mind; how could she be so lighthearted she had gone through hell. 

"Bounty hunter........ killed... them; two bullets. one through the throat....other through the eye." I gasped for beath not even knowing what I had just said but it clearly affected Cam as the others stared shocked; but not three seconds went by before they helped my regain my bearings only Camren stayed pushed against the wall whimpering. The others were now staring at me as they realized what I had said; they turned to Cam; she nodded at Tech and Tech sighed. 

     "Mark," She paused "did you meet C. yet?" I nodded yes "Well we suspect she's slipping into darkness, of a sort. Erm we think that she might be Carmen Sandiego." Tech lowered her voice "and her lover could still be alive. There is more though, she can't know that we're doing this and you might have the means of speeding this plan up." I understood. 

     "I can't control it but I read her; It might be best to stay out of this. It's bigger and worse than you ever thought." I started but was cut off by James 

     "Is she really Carmen Sandiego??" I sighed then nodded yes 

"but I don't like to answer questions. As I was saying this is bigger than us. I think she killed him herself; but not by her own will she wasn't herself. This little project could put our lives in danger. But if we do nothing, She will in-fact be lost." My words echoed through the room as the air filled with a tense silence which was cut by Night 

     "He said it himself if we do nothing she'll be lost; so why are we still waiting. Let's get back to work. In my mind sure we've all lost people but that didn't destroy us. This loss will hurt more and force her to tear herself limb from limb; You all still sit there and watch her be corrupted when you know that we could help!" she took a breath before continuing "If you wish to watch someone who cared for us with all of her heart even when it was broken, trying to heal ours; Well then I pity you. You have no respect for the amount of care she has given us or for her if you're willing to stand by while... while." Night spoke softer "While she dies." The rest of the room was shell shocked, Night, quiet, sweet, soft Night had never spoken out like this, or at least that's what I guessed from their faces.

    "Let's get to work then, Oh and Night you take the lead this time." Tech said in a soft tone now, like everyone else, mildly afraid of her.

~A Week Later~ Tech's POV

"Hey guys over here!" I called urgently. I found a link to Carmen a friend of sorts and he could help. We had to make contact. The others surged forward at my call and crowded around my computer. the bright screen showed a number, supplied by Night, from C.'s phone. "I think we need to have a chat with this Canadian hacker." I stated firmly to the rest "it's time." The others nodded even Mark of whom after Night's little Pep-Talk a week ago had a change of heart about this but kept telling us to be careful. "Ready?" they nodded nervously. And a touch down I clicked on the number and the video call was ringing. I sighed it's real now and there's no turning back not after this. 

     "Hello?" came a male voice with a slight Canadian accent. the call had gone through "who is this? the other end asked as he took in all of us together on screen. I hissed at the others to move back and they did so but not far. just off screen. 

"Hi there, I'm Tech and this is urgent, please." he was about to hang up I could tell I had to act fast. "It's about Carmen" I said and his hand moved away from the keyboard with sudden speed 

    "Who are you?" it was a simple question and easiest to tell the truth

"we live at the place where Carmen works, the orphanage" I said quickly "and we are trying to help; she's slipping away and if you know her then you know what I mean. 

    "I'm Player and yes I do but why call me? Oh wait you need answers, right?" I nodded "Ok then but how can you help?"

"We know about the 'Dark Red Caper'." his expression was shock "We don't have a name yet but we have reason to believe that He is alive." 

     "What do you need?" I smirked he was ready to help 

"What was his name?" 

    "Graham Calloway" Said Player "but there's more He and Red had a very complex relationship. One that confuses me today but there are others who know more, you've got to talk to Shadowsan, Zack and Ivy." his expression twisted "If we are losing her, you better not mess this up."

"Well it would be better if we had another link, what do ya say Player, you in?" I smiled if he said yes this could be just the help we needed.

     "Ok, for Red." he said sternly then added "this is very dangerous, and bigger than you know, tread lightly."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile it's been busy; I hope you liked this chapter.

Again feel free to comment! ;) 

                                                               -Lynx2009