39

Aika looked at him. His hazelnut eyes, his wavy hair, his porcelain skin. Nothing had change. He was the same Caesar she loved 

.

.

.

.

.

and the same Caesar she left.

.

.

.

.

Aika didn't know the answer to his question. 

How was she this past 2 years without him? 

How was he this past 2 years without her?

She wondered.

Aika just stared. She wanted to touch him, her hand slowly reaching to him but things changed.

He passed by her. Not letting her touch him. Entertaining the other Robredos. Things he would never do before, but now he did.

Aika stopped her shaking hand. Yes, she deserved all of this. She deserved all of it.

 After what she did. 

She never forget that day.

How she broke his heart to pieces.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback: 

He was standing in front of her, with the ring inside his pocket. He was ready to propose to her. Many things happened. It fall apart fast but he was willing to give it all up for her.

He didn't care if he lose the company. He didn't care if they ridicule him. All he knew is that she was all he need. She was who he needed.

He held her  hand hoping to find a sign that everything would be okay. Hoping she would look at him the same.

Caesar: Aika. Please...

His voice couldn't find the confidence. 

As he looked into her eyes. Her eyes were cold, she was forcing herself to look at him.

Aika: Caesar

For the last time, she caressed his face with her hands. 

For the last time, he felt her warm hands on his skin.

For the last time, they had been intimate.

There was silence. Everything was silent until Aika spoke.

Aika: If there's one wish I want to ask you. Would be able to grant it to me?

Caesar held her hand. He would do anything for her.

He would jump a cliff for her. He would die for her. He would risk everything for her.

He was prepared. He was determined. He was ready as he said.

Caesar: Anything, I would do anything for you Aika.

But those same words were the one stabbed him. Those where the words he shouldn't have said.

Aika breathe deeply. Her eyes looked liked she made her decision.

Aika: Caesar

.

.

.

.

.

I wish for you to let me go.

.

.

.

.

.

I want to be happy, without you.
But you know what I really wished for Caesar? If I could turn back time?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I wish sana hindi nalang kita nakilala.

End of flashback.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, she remembered. The same words he told him. The same words that hurt him. The same words the made him leave.

She didn't hesitate and she never regretted.

.

.

.

Why??

.

.

.

Because those same words were the reason he was standing in front of her, right now.

Did it hurt her?

.

.

.

No

.

.

.

It killed her. 

Deep inside. 

Losing the one she loved was painful than death. She died with the words she said to him

I guess, that time, life was just unfair. Time was just unfair. Everything was all unfair.

It all contradicted the love they had for each other.

But she always wondered how was he, where was he and does he love someone not her?

It has been 2 years.

She was silent but she mustered the courage to ask.

Aika: Kamusta Caesar? How were you these past 2 years?

Caesar, turned around, walked in front of her. Now looking at her, and her looking at him.

Caesar let out a smile. She looked at him. He can never hide his true emotions from her. She knew at that time it was the opposite of what he shown her.

He was hurt inside as he said.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.Caesar: I'm engaged Aika.

.

.

.

Her whole world stop as the words reached her ears.

Yeah, maybe the world was just full of uncertainties and one of them was the uncertainty of him not coming back to her.

She wished. She prayed but after all of that effort, she failed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV

Bitin? Yes. I made it that way.

Not yet. This is not the whole story yet. 

Was the ending set, not yet. How will it end. I don't know either.

All I know is ang lamig kagabi nung ginagawa ko to hahaha.

Listening to Gerard Chua (Piano Cover) - Your Song while writing this. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5LkPog9aw)

It was supposed to be Kundiman by Silent Sanctuary but I guess I liked the piano more.

Pati si author niyo nabaliw na hahaha.

Will not be posting on Sunday. Monday na ulit. Dami kong backlogs eh. Sorry!

But I hope the universe would consider my prayer this time.