A gentle wind caressed his cheek and he wondered if that was the sky's way of mocking him. His chubby little hand reached up to the expanse of sky above him as he slowly but surely sorted through the memories that were arranging themselves neatly in his mind at his behest.

Was this what it was like to be an amnesiac who just recovered their memories? That wouldn't make much sense though. He'd never actually lost any of his memories. He just couldn't understand them. Maybe that was how children survived the boredom of being a baby. Roksu now had literal months of times cataloged from his infancy when he had no control over when Record activated. Some of them were pleasant memories, some of them were unpleasant, but the vast majority were mind numbingly boring.

'So I died...'

He wondered if his team did alright without him. He hoped they did. He wasn't close to anyone but he didn't want any of them to die. They ought to have been fine though. Vice leader Kim Min Ah was there and she was more than capable of taking over command.

It wouldn't do him any good to worry about that now. It was over three years in the past and inside of a whole other world.

The Birth of a Hero.

He didn't quite want to believe that. He had to, obviously, as it was clearly the reality of the matter but geez he was basically living in a world that was a ticking time bomb before war spread across the continent.

Although he supposed that even before the apocalypse, earth wasn't much different in that way. And he had the advantage of actually knowing when, where, how, and who the war would crop up from. Which wasn't an advantage he'd had on earth

However, knowing about it carried a certain level of responsibility. If he didn't know anything, he wouldn't have to do anything about it and he could live the next eighteen or so years in blissful ignorance.

'I should create a safe place to camp out while the war happens, let the plot do its thing, and then come out when it's over.'

If only he'd read past volume five. He knew an awful lot about the start of the war and very little about the actual progression of it. And absolutely nothing about how it ended.

'It's none of my business.'

He heard Cale squawk in distress as Penelope finally got through to him that there wouldn't be a next time.

'...Penelope has to be from Korea too.' He thought half heartedly, understanding now why they'd always had a 'secret language' that only they could understand. They'd actually already started teaching Cale the basics and he was picking it up quickly.

It was amazing how quickly children could pick up a language. Although he'd heard Cale and Penelope speaking it all his life, whether he was aware or not, that had to help matters somewhat.

Cale Henituse, the lout of Count's family, was destined to get beaten half to death by the protagonist. He also didn't have triplet siblings.

Roksu sighed.

That simply wouldn't do.

'...Cale's probably not a real child either?'

Penelope was easier to pin down. She was clearly in the same situation as Roksu, more or less, but who was Cale? Not Korean, had he regressed? Or was there another soul in Cale's body?

That would be complicated. He didn't know how to begin untangling that mess.

There was the pressing question of why the three of them had been reborn as babies but Roksu really wasn't the sort to ask why. Frequently that question led to answers that you didn't want to know.