chapter one

001— KILLER CAPITAL USA
"She'll take your blood!"

     PEYTON GOODE ABSOLUTELY HATED HER LIFE WITH A PASSION

Well, to be more specific how she was forced to lived and where she lived. Sunnyvale. God how she hated the snobs in this side of town, everyone always put up a fake smile, and fake personality. Always trying to hide their distaste for one another— not so discreetly may she add. But she put up with it, whether she liked it or not she had to.

Being the town sheriff's daughter was not so fun, especially since the entire town expected the most from her and watched every little thing she did just waiting for her to finally snap and do something that could possibly ruin her perfect sweet town girl reputation.

Yes, Peyton was extremely popular and beautiful had all the guys falling at her feet and girls talking about her with distaste behind her back yet wanting to be her friend just for the craving of popularity and boys, which she was very well aware of but pretend like she never knew just to watch them make fools of themselves.

Peyton never particularly came close to being tight friends with anyone from sunnyvale til she met Melissa Dane and not so long after she was introduced to Sam Fraser by the Dane girl. Both Sam and Peyton slowly grew closer and as time went on their usual hangouts became into make out sessions and soon after it was a usual occurrence. Though they didn't last long of course. For Sam, moving to sunnyvale was supposed to be a clean slate for her. So she started dating a Football player, named Peter, an absolute douchebah by the way, and both girls acted as if nothing ever happened between them.

God if she only knew that just by being friends with Sam Fraser would get her into some crazy shit.

Speaking of the Fraser girl; "Peyton! did you happen to see where my right shoe was last night?"

The day before Peyton's father had worked late watching over Shadyside mall and her mother just wasn't home at all so Peyton kindly invited herself over to Sam's house and proposed a sleepover.

"Uh, no? Maybe check the closet."

"M'k!"

Peyton sat on the couch with a bowl of cereal in her hands and feet propped up on the coffee table. She practically made herself at home in the Frasers residence whenever she was over, she knew it infuriated Mrs Fraser, Sam's mom, but the woman just did not say anything trying to keep it good between her and the sheriff's family, and it made Peyton laugh a little on the inside.

The blonde finally tired of watching cartoons switched the channel and ironically the news came on, her father being the face of it. She slowly set her feet down on the ground and put the bowl of cereal down, listening to what was being said.

"Shadyside, small-town America. But among locals, a history of horror has earned it another nickname. 'Killer Capital USA.' And last night, tragedy struck again."

"Holy shit..." Peyton mumbled under her breath, "Sam get down here!"

quickly she heard footsteps coming down and towards her, "What's—"

"Shh!" Peyton quickly shut the girl up motioning towards the t.v

"I'm here with Sheriff Nick Goode. Sheriff, what can you tell us?" The news reported now pointed the mic towards her father

"Uh, there were seven victims, uh, ages, uh, 16 to 42. Uh the preparator's also deceased."

"Oh crap."

Once the conversation started onto sunnyvale Peyton looked down at her watch noticing the time, her eyes widened. "Oh my god Sam, we're gonna be late!"

She jumped off the couch nearly falling flat on her face. Once she regained her balance she spoke, "Get your stuff and go to my car!"

She practically flew to her house quickly opening the door and running upstairs to her bedroom looking for her backpack and chemistry book. Running back down stairs she looked at the rack of keys trying to find her own. After a minute she found them and ran outside seeing Sam leaning on the passengers side tapping her foot impatiently making Peyton quickly go to the drivers side and unlock the car, speeding out the driveway and to school.

Right as they had arrived the last bell for their first period had rung. Luckily they both had science for their first period so they won't be facing the embarrassment of entering the classroom late and having everyone stare at them alone.

Walking into the school in a normal pace accepting defeat as they were already late, they headed towards the office. Unexpectedly, out of nowhere someone jumped in front of them and yelled out making the two blondes scream in fright as the person im front of them who they soon identify as their best friend Melissa falls to the ground in laughter

"Dude!"

"Mel, what the hell?" Sam exclaimed.

Finally catching her breath Melissa stands up, with a childish grin on her face as she speaks while still chuckling, "Oh my god! You should've seen your faces!"

"Dude, that's not funny I seriously thought you were a murder!" Peyton dramatically pouts

"Ah, haven't you heard? The Shadyside witch is back. Oooh!" Melissa wiggles her fingers in the faces, Peyton slapping her hands.

"She reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her wicked slaves!" Melissa spoke in a grimly voice. She then looked at Sam who did not seem amused and quickly jumped to her side gripping her shoulders, "She'll take your blood!"

"Jesus! Melissa I swear."

"She'll take your head. She'll follow you until your dead!"

"You're such an asshole, Mel." Sam rolled her eyes trying to hide her smile. "And you love me for it, Fraser." Peyton smirked raising a brow while looking at the blonde and brunette, she knew there was an unspoken thing between the two but they would never admit it, especially with Sam being with Peter, Melissa would never have a chance.

"So, Are you guys going to the game?" Sam asked the two girls. "Where you go, I go S." Peyton looked at her, yeah so what if they had a fling at one point? Literally nothing could tear them apart, they had become inseparable as soon as they laid eyes on one another.

"Ugh, I totally would but I got a Calc test tomorrow and I need to get my grade up to at least a D, so I'll be studying all night." Melissa whined like a child.

"Boo, buzzkill!" Peyton blew raspberries at her

"Shut up you slut!"

Peytons jaw dropped as she stretched her arm out to smack Melissas head, and Melissa returning the favor starting a playful war between them as Sam shook her head with a smile, amused by their usual antics.

As they reached the office they were nearly half an hour late, they hadn't realized they had talked for that long. They finally got their slips, Sam and Peyton parted ways with Melissa and walked to their science class.

"Nearly seven hours in this shithole. God, I hate this school."

— Not much this chapter i know it's kinda just a pretty short introduction, but the next one is when everything begins and i'll try to make it longer, I promise !!