And then I realize, for the first time since my mothers death; I feel the music. It enters every single pore and breaks through the iron clad barrier that was once holding my heart hostage. My eyes flutter closed, taking hold of the feeling in the hopes it will never escape my grasp again. My conscience sings the song in excitement as the man continues his unintentional serenade. He doesn't even know what he has ignited in me. Yet, I feel like he has already accepted my silent gratitude.

As the song comes to a close, the crowd erupts into cheers. I open my eyes and stare at the man who without knowing, filled my heart with music for the first time in a very very long time. And at the same time he turns his head in my direction. His aviators had fallen down his prominent nose, revealing his eyes. He looks around before his eyes meet mine, making my heart stop. Atop his wide grin sits a mustache that makes my chest buzz with attraction. I had to admit, he was very handsome. I furrow my eyebrows before practically sprinting to the bar. Trying to get rid of the fluttering inside my stomach, I start hastily taking orders. My mind races with thoughts as I make several drinks. Thoughts of the man at the piano overtake me. His smile, his eyes, and his music fully entrancing me even though he was no longer playing.

It felt like only minutes had gone by, but as I look at the clock I realize it has already been two hours.
"Hey, Darlin'. Mind if I get another beer?" I turn to greet the man before pausing as I notice who it was. His smile was even brighter up close. With his aviators now resting atop his head, I get a full view of his face. I swallow hard before looking down at the floor, trying to hide my red cheeks. I turn and grab a beer from the cooler before popping the lid off with my beer opener. "Uh here you go." Handing it to him with a shy smile. He opens his mouth to say something but before he can, Jenny shouts at me from across the bar. "Dove! Can you pass me some grenadine?" I sigh, "Aye Aye captain!" I hurriedly grab the bottle of red syrup before making my way to Jenny, handing it to her. She gives me an appreciative smile before she resumes making her drinks. I walk back to my section and notice that the man is still there, looking at me. I look away from him, hoping that someone else at the bar needs something so I don't have to awkwardly stand there. Unfortunately it looks like everyone already has a drink in their hands. To keep myself busy I turn to the sink, which happens to be right in front of the man, and start washing some empty glasses.

"Dove, right? I've never seen you here before. I'm Rooster." He says with a goofy smile. I knew he was Navy. Everyone who comes here who was an Aviator always introduced themselves with their callsigns. I grin at myself as I look up from the sink. "My name is Elaine. But Jenny would say otherwise. She has called me that for as long as I can remember. She started when i was born and ju- God, uh... sorry." I bring my nervous rambling to a halt, blushing as he takes a swig of his beer. "I think i'll stick with Dove. I mean come on, Rooster and Dove? Sounds like a match made in heaven." I laugh trying to shake off the cheesy comparison. "Do you always introduce yourself with your callsign, Rooster?" He laughs before sighing dramatically. "Damn, and I almost thought I got away with it. How'd you find out?" He teases. I raise my eyebrows. "Do you think this is the first time one of y'all has tried to flirt with me?" He smirks at that. "No, but I'm hoping it's the last time. My name's Bradley Bradshaw."

Bradley. The man who lit a fire in my soul.

"Nice to meet you, Bradley. As I said before my name is Elaine. Elaine Moore." I offer a smile. His eyes light up at the sight. I blush before getting called away to make another drink. "I'll see you later, Bradley." I say while walking away. "Oh Darlin', you definitely will."

The night ends a few hours later. With the bar empty, it's just me and Jenny cleaning up. "Dove, will you lock up? I want to get home before Amelia goes to bed." It makes me happy to know how much Penny cares about my cousin. In a lot of ways it reminds me of me and my own mother. "Yeah, you go ahead. I'm almost done anyways." She smiles before hugging me. "I'm sorry about Pete. I guess he hadn't heard about your mom." I smile sadly while looking at her. "It's okay, Penny. He didn't know. Don't go and beat him up or anything" I laugh as I say the last part. She smiles before heading out the back. "Be safe getting home, Dove!" She swings open the door. "Aye aye captain!" I shout with a salute.

With the building now empty, I can actually ponder on what happened tonight. With the high still buzzing through my veins, I approach the upright piano. Would I even feel the music if I'm the one playing? So far only Bradley could make me feel it. Anxiety strikes me at the thought. I sit down before lifting the fallboard and stare. The instrument whispers sweet nothings to me as my fingers glide along the keys. Releasing a shaky breath, I press my fingers into the piano and play.

Electricity shoots through my fingers as the piano sings and comes to life. I gasp, flinching away from the keys. I actually felt it. I smile and start again. And before I know it, my fingers are flying. As I play, the notes hum under my skin and my heart swells with excitement. I feel like an addict inside a drug den, and I can't stop. It's like my own personal brand of heroin. My eyes close as the music swallows me whole. The song i'm creating is a whole different type of lover. This one is both gentle and passionate, but also lighthearted and fun. And without even thinking, I know exactly who my music is creating.

Bradley Bradshaw.