Reunion of the ancients - part 3

Golden Cheese seriously thought she got caught immediately since Dark Cacao get a little pissed about this "improvised" plan. But lo and behold, it was the prince's adopted son, Peanut Butter Cookie.

Golden Cheese: "Uhm… You are not Dark Cacao…"

Peanut Butter: "I'm Peanut Butter Cookie. Pure Vanilla said you were playing tag with grandpa."

Golden Cheese: "Yes! And of course Dark Cacao cookie is 'it'. Of course, he never won a game of tag against me ever!"

"Overconfident much?..." Peace butter thought

Once more, Peanut butter takes a good look at Golden Cheese Cookie. The first thing he immediately noticed was that she had wings, can she actually fly!? Also, her clothing lives up to her name, a golden fancy color that looks very light. It's surprising how she wears that in such a cold kingdom.

Then Peanut Butter heard footsteps, Golden Cheese insisted on Peanut Butter joining but he refused and just pretended that he never found her in case it was Dark Cacao approaching.

Right on schedule, Dark Cacao arrives not too soon, and he looks very tired from all that running around. To make matters worse or better, (whichever way you see it tbh) Peanut Butter Cookie was near him. Oh shoot, he hasn't even prepared himself well and he feels tired as well. He knows the moment he gets near, Peanut Butter was just going to hide again… Maybe this once… should he try? The feeling Dark Cacao has… is it sadness? Is it rejection? This wasn't his first time feeling that way. He felt the same when he used to argue with his son, Dark Choco.

That one day where Dark Choco was listening to his heart. A moment where he argued and simply just wanted to protect the people of the kingdom instead of hiding and building the wall. Of course, Dark Cacao just simply turned away in silence, didn't even say a word… Just remembering that day reminds him of the reason why his son used to look for the "cursed sword of legend". Now he just focuses on taking care of Peanut Butter like there was no tomorrow. Perhaps… he should follow Prince Dark Choco's example, then maybe Peanut Butter wouldn't be so terrified of him…

-meanwhile-

Dark Choco started looking the moment he left Pure Vanilla with white lily. He didn't even realize that Peanut Butter Cookie had left while they were talking. It worries him since Golden Cheese is literally and somehow 'playing tag' with Dark Cacao. He knows what happened the last time Dark Cacao played tag with the young cookies of the milk tribe, it didn't go well.

-flashback-

3 years ago, Prince Dark Choco was on patrol during a much darker time when very likely Peanut butter was a baby cookie. He was wrapping things up until he heard the screams of children. The source? Dark Cacao cookie chasing them with full armor and everything. Has his father gone mad!? Turns out, he was invited to play a game of tag. Unfortunately for the prince's father, he didn't exactly know how to play the game.

Later on…

Dark Cacao: "I was invited to a game of tag son, the young cookies screamed, I hope they had fun."

That day was one day where Dark Choco makes sure any young cookie stays far… far away from Dark Cacao. They screamed alright, AT THEIR TOP OF THEIR LUNGS FROM THE FEAR! Dark Cacao did apologize afterwards at the end of day.

-end of flashback-

Peanut Butter Cookie noticed that a tall shadow figure covered him, it was Dark Cacao Cookie.

Oh boy, did his small heart started racing? Yes.

Did he felt the urge to hide in a spot? Definitely.

He… didn't look threatening at all, he was just very tired looking and probably has had enough for one day. Although, Peanut butter did remember Golden cheese something about Dark Cacao losing every single time against her. Perhaps it's okay to help Dark Cacao, okay, technically it's cheating since Peanut Butter already but he is family.

Dark Cacao was gonna say something, but instead, Peanut Butter grabbed his hand. Peanut Butter's hands feel warm and soft to the touch. It seems like he wanted to show him something since he wanted me to go somewhere. Dark Cacao followed without any questions asked. He doesn't know how to feel aside from being tired from all that running to find Golden Cheese Cookie, he felt something else but he doesn't know exactly what this feeling it is…

To be continued (3/?)

Story by @WindLink64

Cookie run belongs to Devsisters