"Well, if her hardware is degrading, then..." Luther started. "We need to turn her off."

Diego and Rai immediately began protesting.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet! She feels things, I've seen it!"

"Fuck you, Luther! We're not turning off our mom just because you're a daddy's boy with crippling daddy issues! He's dead, accept it!"

"She just stood there, guys, and watched our father die."

"Our dickhead father, Luther! He deserved it after all the shit he's done to us!" Rai protested. Although her voice was firm, Nini could sense the desperation in her voice. She knew what Grace meant to Rai. She helped her so much after Ben's death.

"I'm with Luther." Allison stated.

"Surprise, surprise." Diego and Rai spat in unison.

"Shut up." Allison spat.

Everyone looked down to Vanya for her opinion. Even if the vote ended up unevenly, everyone knew they wouldn't finalize it without Five's input.

"I- I don't — "

"Yeah, she shouldn't get a vote." Diego cut off. Nini's nostrils flaired in irritation.

"Wh — "

"I was gonna say that I agree with you." Vanya stated irritably.

"Okay. She should get a vote." Diego agreed. Nini scoffed quietly and rolled her eyes. He turned to Klaus. "What about you, stoner boy? What do you got?"

"Oh, so, what? You need my help now?" Klaus questioned sarcastically. "Oh, "Get out of the van, Klaus!" "Well, welcome back to the van."."

"What van?" Allison questioned as Nini pinched her brows together.

Luther scoffed. "What's it gonna be, Klaus?"

"I'm with Diego and Rai, because screw you! And if Ben were here, he'd agree with me."

Rai snorted as Klaus hissed at the air beside him. "Ben would disagree with you just because you said that."

"So that's four?"

"Wait."

"To two."

"Vote's not final yet."

"What?"

"Five's not here. The whole family has to vote. We owe each other that." Allison stated.

"Doesn't matter." Rai shrugged. "Even if we didn't have Five's vote, we would still outnumber you."

"No, we should wait." Vanya agreed.

The group unanimously agreed that the meeting was over. Nini followed Rai out with a solemn glance at Grace in the doorway.

· · ─────── · 𖥸· ─────── · ·

Nini spent the day trying to cheer up Rai and take her mind off of the situation with her mother. They played board games, watched TV, went through her old room, they had even baked a cake. Rai had left her down in the kitchen to doodle on her pad when she went to go speak to her mother.

The sun had set around an hour ago. Delphini was in the middle of drawing a dog with a bunny when the hairs on the back of her neck raised uneasily. She slowly placed her pen down and searched through the house for the Hargreeves' consciousnesses, finding they were all somewhat normal and calm. Finally, she found two different ones. Daniel, who is that?