𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

When he sat down the next morning with his family for breakfast, he felt the eyes rest on him. Mercury, not his brother but another prince of the kingdom stared at him with a cheeky grin. Tommy, the boy still too young to go off to boarding school, was also eyeing down his brother with a suspicious look. Minerva was off to boarding school so thankfully, her eyes didn't gloss over Wilbur with the constant nonchalant and judgemental gaze she held. Even Wilbur's mother and second brother, Kristen and Tubbo, both looked at Wilbur with interest. There was no conversation from the man just yet, neither was there conversation within the table as there often was for Wilbur to listen to and never participate in; the moment Wilbur finished, however, he placed his fork down and looked at everyone, their stares only amplifying at the eye contact made.

"Okay. What are you all looking at?" Wilbur asked and crossed his arms, leaning back on his chair. A scowl only grew on Wilbur's face when Mercury also leaned back with a bigger grin on his face.

"Nothing! You just look happier than usual... you're eating your food and looking around - you've finished your food and Hell, you even woke up early. Usually takes you until Tommy's left to come down and eat." Tubbo explained and rested an arm against Mercury to create one of the most frustrating duos to ever stand in the way of Wilbur.

"We're glad that whatever's happening is getting better for you, Wil." Kristen smiled and placed a hand on her son's arm. He didn't have the heart to defy her; plus she may as well throw him across the room if he were to disrespect her. So he let his hand rest on top of hers and he offered a small smile.

"Why're you so happy?" Tommy asked, 11 and even more curious than he was when he was 10.

"I've got a few ideas for my new song. I'll be busy with that for a few days but I'm inspired again. Actually... I think I'll get to writing that now. You guys enjoy yourself, don't do anything too dumb." Wilbur excused himself, pushing out of his chair and rushing to his room on the second floor of the tower - Mercury slept in the room above but had to take a detour to get there, as Wilbur refused to have stairs directly link his room to a room of someone as mischievous as Mercury.

He took his book, his quill as he always did and some food; putting them into his bag with the small vial of ink he made sure to secure - after his last incident where it leaked into his bag, he never wanted to spend so long washing something ever again. He strapped his guitar over his abdomen and with the motive of not running into anyone in the castle, he hopped out of the window and climbed over the wall, back to the woods where he would await the nymph.

His attire of a loose yellow tunic tucked into black pants, which in turn were tucked into his boots was hopefully presentable enough for a nymph, those who were known to wear graceful robes everytime, everywhere.

Strumming his guitar in a quick arpeggio, a song familiar to him as one he wrote with his past lover, he read over the notes of the song he had. He wanted it to be special, but to communicate with Inka more over charming her. Her voice was what he needed for his songs, arguably better than the girl before her. So he daydreamed, strumming mindlessly until his pocket watch struck the hour. By which he heard her walk down the stream humming to herself. She was quieter than usual, Wilbur felt it was knowing he was close by which buffered her usual projection.

Once again, his strumming stopped and the distinct brushing of leaves to his right dignified her presence. Inka stuck her head out of the bush and smiled at Wilbur.

She sat in the bush, staring at the taller man as he held his guitar against the rock. She was fond of the instrument, sometimes hearing him playing faintly from where she would arrive in the forest. It was a shame he seemed stationary at the sight of her - Inka always took herself to be an approachable individual. There was a moment of silence between the pair as none were sure of what to say, though considering Wilbur had carried the conversation the day before, Inka took it to herself to greet him, "hello Wilbur!" She greeted and stood up, stepping out of the bush and into the opening of where he sat. The grass brushed her feet - she didn't have shoes - and sent the comforting sensation through her to relax the tension around her. He nodded and waved back, putting down his guitar, "I like the colour of your tunic," she pointed at it awkwardly, "yellow suits you," she added and stood by her bush. Wilbur sighed and smiled, shaking his head before looking at the girl,