"Biology, I want to become a surgeon in the future. In addition, I will also take a foreign languages course." I decided not to answer about her grandson.

"This is a wonderful and promising profession. Where do you stay? Is it a dorm at Harvard or do you rent an apartment?"

"There was a huge issue with getting my roof over my head. The junior dorms filled up quickly; as a result, I was placed with senior students. They are good people, but I will start looking for another place for personal reasons."

Amanda was silent for a while, thinking hard about something. I didn't want to disturb her thoughts, but the situation became awkward. Just as I opened my mouth to ask about the vacation, and how long they had been back, Amanda interrupted me.

"I have an apartment near here. It is a small studio, but bright and cozy. I bought it for my future great-grandchildren. I thought they would continue the family tradition and also go to Harvard. Who knew that my only grandson was so irresponsible?"

"It'll have to be empty for a long time," I smirked. "Did you not want to let Mike stay there now? Why does he live on campus, having wealthy parents?"

"Apparently, you have already crossed paths," laughed Amanda and I mentally chided myself.

"Yes, we did. We live in the same dorm, but I'm going to move out for another reason."

"Move into my flat! If you want to hide from everyone, I assure you that no one knows about that place, not even my family."

"Thank you, but this is too generous a gesture. I can't accept your offer," I said as I looked down, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Honey." The woman covered my interlaced fingers with her hand. "I don't need any payment. You'll only be responsible for the utilities, and if there'll be any trouble, you can always ask me."

"But..."

"I feel your inner pain. I realized the first time we met that you're a fighter, and I would like to know your story, if I may. You can be sure that I'll keep it strictly between us."

"I need to think about it. It's not every day I get such an offer," I said, and suppressed a sigh.

"Here, take this," she handed me her card. "This is my telephone number. You can call me anytime."

We talked with until late that night, walking through the squares and streets. I never would have thought that I could interest a person like Amanda Norton! She told me a lot about the medical faculty, because she had graduated from it. She promised to find her old notes and share them with me. Thus, I returned home inspired and in high spirits.

Mike

The next morning after the club, someone knocked on the door of the room where Alex and I live. It was Sheila, and it was not surprising at all. She was constantly snooping around. She gave me a folder with some documents and said that the courier had just left.

For a long time, I did not dare to open it, feeling something was wrong, but curiosity got the best of me. What I saw there had been bothering me for an entire week. It was about Alana, or rather, her past. At first, I didn't believe it, thinking it was someone's idea of a grim joke. Yes, her behavior was quite unpredictable, and sometimes even strange, like she was afraid of something, but this did not make her insane.

I've been watching her all day. God, how attractive she is. Her dark green eyes had been following me since the resort, full of sadness and fear, but I saw hope in them. Her lips attracted me with their fullness, testing my willpower, which I almost lost on the day we went walking together. I tried to get her attention in every possible way, but she still kept a certain barrier between us... Eventually, I could not stand it, and I decided to refresh myself at the fountain, taking Moore with me...