Chapter 1

Kairis pov:
When i came to this school, i knew i had to find the answers to my questions.

Questions like... what dark secrets lurk beneath this schools prim exterior?

What choices would i make in love?

And most importantly, how would i survive this school for an entire year?

My estranged father is sitting inside this restaurant.

I haven't lived with my father since i was a child, but after a first class plane ride, i am moments away from reuniting with him. His money, his luxury these fancy restaurants are like a different world to me.

Entering this restaurant was like entering the world of the rich, powerful, and elite.

Kairis dad: "you know kairi, when you agreed to come i was delighted. i waited my whole life to be a present parent for you. You seem skeptical."

Kai: "buying me a plane ticket and taking me to a fancy restaurant isint going to make me trust you i know you didn't just call me here to "catch up" so.. what do you want?"

Kairis dad: " i know life has been hard for you, but thats how your mother wanted it to be. I wish things were easier for her, but sadly she didn't want my help. But i want you to have a chance at a better life"

Kairi: "what is that supposed to mean?"

Kairis dad: " i got you a present."

Kairi: "what is this supposed to be? Why does it say i got accepted at st.Sebastian?"

I heard whispers, but didn't know too much about st.Sebastian. That school belonged to the elite and famous... the one thing i do know is that only the most powerful people go there.

Kairis dad: " because i applied for you."

Kairi: "i haven't seen you in ten years, and now you think you can make my decisions for me? Why would i ever go to a stuck up prep school like this?"

Kairis dad: " you're a bright boy, but you aren't living up to your full potential. I was once as rebellious and wild as you are, but st. Sebastian shaped me into the young man i am today."

Kairi: " you think thats going to convince me?"

Kairis dad: " no but i know what will. I never wanted you to be my illegitimate son, but your mother no part of money or my world. But your old enough to make your own decisions now, and i want you to know that becoming an official cosentino is on the table. I want you to be a real part of my family, kairi. And if you attend st. Sebastian for an entire year, ill give you access to your full inheritance."

Kairis thoughts: mom and i are so loosing our apartment. With money like this i can keep us from being evicted. And i can even move us to the nicest part of  our town. We would never have to worry about money again.

Kairi: " that kind of money could change my life! Ill go to st.Sebastian."

Kairis dad: " your making the right choice. And there's one last thing st. Sebastian is a boarding school. I pulled a few strings to get you a room last minute."

Kairi: "you're sending me away to boarding school? I thought you wanted to spend time with me but you're just shipping me off."

Kairis dad: "what thats not true im doing this because it'll be better for your future."

Kairi: "stop lying." Kairi said as he ran off.

Kairis dad: " wait kairi!"

Kairis thoughts: what was i even expecting from him? Omg its freezing out here. I shouldn't have ran out the restaurant without a coat.i dont wanna go back inside and face my dad i dont even know where he lives. I really have nowhere to go
Who is that ?