John B stared down at his hands, "What's in it for me?"

I tossed him the room key that had been tucked in my pocket, "My wallet is in my bag. There's like $300 in there, you can take it all. The room is already charged to my card so you just need to give them the room key."

John B stood up, "Fine, I'll do it."

I laid back into the pillows, "You're my new best friend."

John B picked up the crowbar again and started down the hall, "Yeah, whatever."

Topper's P.O.V.

I stood outside of Sienna's motel room trying to get her to open the door. I had been standing out here for hours but no matter how many times I knocked or how much I begged she didn't open the door.

I leaned my forehead against the door, "I'm not leaving. Please just talk to me."

"She's not here, dude."

I turned and found myself face to face with John B. I felt my face heat up and every hair on my body was on edge. Did he know about me and Sarah last night? No, he was calm. He wouldn't be talking to me if he knew.

"Where is she? Why are you here?" I felt myself grow a little angry at the thought of him and Sienna. Would she do that to get back at me?

"Her family pays me to do stuff since they're out of town so much. But she went on a last minute trip to a spa or something so her dad called me and asked me to grab her stuff," he pulled a key card out of his pocket and waved it at me.

"Oh, okay. She didn't tell me that. Have you talked to her?" I searched his face to see if there was an ounce of hurt or anger but he looked fine.

"No, just her dad. If you don't mind I'm just gonna..." he gestured towards the door and I nodded.

I turned on my heel and walked down the stairs to my car.

She left.

Sienna's P.O.V.

I peeked out the window as I heard a car pull up the driveway, hoping it was just John B.

I let out a sigh of relief as I saw his van come into view. I watched as he pulled my bags out of the passenger seat and then make his way to the door.

I sat on my bed and waited for him to make his way up to my room. He finally appeared in the doorway and dropped my bags on the floor before tossing me my phone.

I caught the phone and unlocked it. I needed to turn off my location so that Topper couldn't track me and find out that I was home.

"So are you gonna tell me what's going on? The state of that room leads me to believe you're not okay."

I looked up from my phone and bit my lip, "I don't wanna be the one to tell you."

John B ran his hands through his hair, "Okay, you're freaking me out. You keep saying that and Topper was acting really weird when I saw him at the motel. Tell me what's going on."

"You saw Topper? What did he say?" My eyes widened and I felt my heart begin to beat faster.

"I just told him what you told me to say. I said I work for your parents and they asked me to get your stuff. He asked if I talked to you and I said no you went to the spa. Now tell me what's going on."

I sat my phone down, pulled my knees to my chest, and wrapped my arms around my legs, "Promise you won't get mad?"

John B stared at the wall just above my head, "No."

I let out a sigh, "Okay, fine. Topper and I had a fight so I spent some time by myself at the motel. Then I felt bad and was going to apologize and I went his house at like, 2 AM and he was walking Sarah to her car. He was shirtless and she was only wearing his tshirt. So I left and I came home and apparently didn't shut the door. I took quite a few Xanax and then passed out on the floor until you found me."

"Are you serious?" His eyes were full of sadness and heartbreak but his whole body was tense with anger.

I gave him a small nod, my own eyes filling with tears.

John B nodded his head a couple times as he blinked back tears.

"I'm sorry..." my voice came out as barely a whisper.

He kicked one of my bags as he turned and stormed out of my room. I winced as he slammed the front door behind him and then again as he peeled out of my driveway.

Shit.

I picked up my phone and clicked on Topper's messages. I ignored all the texts he had sent over the last couple hours. I typed and deleted over and over. I poured out my feelings and then deleted them. I got angry and wanted to curse him out and then decided that it wasn't worth it. I stared at the screen and tried to think of something to say.

I didn't need to explain anything. I didn't owe him anything.

I finally decided on the simplest option, 'John B knows.'