i had gotten off of facetime with the girls only a few minutes ago. after i spaced out, i finally started paying attention and actually felt a little better as court and vic made me laugh as they joked around with me.

y/n had left at around 4:45, and it was nearing 9 by now. i huffed, laying down my phone as i replaced it with the remote. i clicked on the tv before playing y/n's favorite movie.

but after watching the movie and giggling at the jokes for just about twenty minutes, i could hear a car door slamming from outside. i perked up, knowing it had to be y/n because of how close it was. but i was kinda worried as she literally slammed the door shut.

from the living room, i heard the loud jingle of y/n's keys as she unlocked the door and slammed it shut again. she threw her keys into the bowl as she sighed loudly.

"ari, where are you? i gotta talk to you about something." she called out, still standing in the doorway. i furrowed my brows, turning my head to try and boost my voice.

"in the living room!" i yelled back, grabbing the remote and pausing the movie as y/n stomped into the room.

i looked at her as she made her way to me, frowning at the angry look on her face. y/n started pacing the living room as she ran her hands over her face. "baby, what's wrong?" i asked.

"i'm fucking mad, that's what's wrong!" she yelled, pressing the heels of her hands into her brows. i jumped back into the couch, holding the pillow in my lap to my chest.

y/n noticed, dropping her head as she sighed. "i-i'm sorry, baby. i didn't mean to yell. i'm just so pissed off right now." she massaged her won temples, closing her eyes.

i nodded and leaned forward again, silently telling her i was listening. "it's alright, you kinda just took me by surprise. but do you wanna talk about it?"

y/n nodded, biting her bottom lip. "i-i don't want you to be angry with me," she whispered, her eyes welling up.

i swear i almost threw up at the guilt in her voice and the tears in her eyes. if this bitch went and cheated on me right after i was crying my eyes out because i feared she would, imma beat her ass.

i stood up from the couch, my arms crossed against my chest. "y/n. what did you do." my voice was hard and more than an assertion than a question.

y/n's eyes widened as she shook her head furiously. "no, no! i didn't do anything! i promise you, ariana. i don't want you to be mad at me because i just should have listened to you a few months ago. it's just-let me just tell you what happened."

my body had relaxed a little as y/n insisted she hadn't done anything. i gave her a small nod, telling her to go on.

y/n sighed again, running her hand through her hair. "okay, so all of us were just hanging out in lara's backyard, ya know? we were sitting in a circle in lawn chairs and stuff, just talking to each other. lara was sitting beside me, and all the sudden she called my name when i was talking to cam. i looked over at her, thinking she was just gonna ask me for something real quick, i don't fucking know.

"and literally; oh my god." y/n sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "i turned to her, and she literally grabs the back of my fucking head, and she fucking kissed me! in front of fucking everyone! i did not kiss her back and i pushed that bitch away from me as quickly as i could. everyone was dogging on her ass like 'why the fuck did you just kiss her lara you know she's with ari!' and i was just like-" y/n stops, reenacting the look she apparently had. she dropped her jaw and her eyes squinted before she kept going.