Better than he can | 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘵𝘢 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘩𝘰

Start from the beginning

After a few minutes, Mashiho came to the table with your caramel latte and a slice of blueberry cheesecake.

"The cake is on me."

"You didn't have to! Thanks Mashi. I'll be waiting here okay." He nodded.

Since you had nothing else to do today, you decided to come accompany him at the cafe until his shift ends. You liked the ambience of the cafe so it was a perfect spot to just sit down with a cup of coffee while doing your assignments. Usually, the two of you would do your assignments together at the library but when Mashiho has work, you'd come and do it there. The cafe was a famous spot for students to come and do their work there so it was nothing weird.

A few hours have passed, and Mashiho came up to you whose eyes were focusing on the laptop screen.

"Hey I'm done! Let's go."

"Alright hang on, let me pack my things."

It was getting dark, and the two of you walked home together side by side.

"Mashi, I have something to tell you. But please don't get mad." you slowed your steps, glancing at him to see his reaction.

"What is it this time?" He raised one eyebrow.

"We got back together."

Those four words might have sounded simple, but it managed to crush his heart into a million pieces.

"With who? Hyungmin?" He stopped his steps. You nodded.

"Are you sure you're doing the right thing? After what happened?" He didn't sound mad, but he said it in a monotone voice. He looks serious.

"He promised that it'll never happen again. Besides, I've been with him for so long. I don't want our two years of relationship to be a waste."

"It doesn't matter how long the relationship is. It'll be a waste either way if he doesn't appreciate you."

"I just want to give him another chance."

"But what about you? Do you still love him?"

You let out a big sigh and nodded with a small smile. If you wanted to be honest to yourself, then you would be lying if you said that you've completely moved on from what happened before. Which was the reason why you and Hyungmin broke up in the first place.

He cheated on you. You caught him with another girl and broke up with him on the spot. It happened a month ago, but it still felt like it just happened yesterday. You did still love him, which is why you agreed to get back together. But everytime you were reminded of what happened that day, your heart ached so much.

"If that's what you want then I'll respect your decision. But I won't stay still if the same thing happens again." Mashiho gave you a look of concern.

"Thanks Mashi." you hugged him, and he wrapped his hands around you, patting your head.

Only God knows how he felt. He's liked you for quite a while, but realised it a little bit too late. The day he wanted to meet up and confessed to you was the same day you came and told him that Hyungmin asked you out, and that the two of you were now officially dating. But of course, you never knew about this.

After the incident where you caught Hyungmin cheating, Mashiho didn't want to rashly confess to you because he knew that you were still hurt about what happened with you and Hyungmin. He didn't want to confuse your feelings. After a month, he could finally see that you've completely moved on since you haven't said a word about Hyungmin.