Romeo and Juliet | 𝘒𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘰 𝘠𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘪

Your eyes were glued to the sparkly stars in the night sky as you were sitting on the staircase outside the castle ballroom, waiting for someone who promised to come.

You were waiting for Yoshi.

He is a friend of yours who you have secretly met ten years ago. Because of the strict policy of the castle rules made by your parents, the king and queen, you weren't allowed to exit or talk with anyone outside the castle grounds.

Of course, you disobeyed. But only because you were extremely lonely and the only person who was there to talk to you was your royal assistant. Ten years ago, by accident, you met a young boy your age who was lost in the castle gardens.

- Flashback to ten years ago -

You secretly went to your castle's garden, running away from your royal assistant who was supposed to help you get ready for a royal dinner with another kingdom.

Sitting down on the bench in the royal greenhouse, you were admiring the beautiful roses and daisies that were planted all around the greenhouse, making it look lovely as ever. Indeed, this garden was your favourite spot to run away from reality.

 Indeed, this garden was your favourite spot to run away from reality

You didn't really like being a princess. Although you were still young, you were trained and taught with all the etiquettes and royal duties. You understood that it was all because one day you would be the one ruling the kingdom. But sometimes you feel like being a princess is not what you want. What you really wanted was a little freedom. But of course, being the only daughter of the king and queen, you had no choice.

You realised it was getting late and you figured that you didn't want your royal assistant to get in trouble, so you stood up and exited the greenhouse. As you were about to make your way out of the garden, you accidently tripped on a stone. However, before you were about to fall, someone managed to catch your hand and prevented you from falling.

"Are you okay?"

Your eyes met with the said figure who helped you. It was a young boy who looked like he was your age. You released your hands away from him.

"Who are you and how did you get here?" you asked the boy.

"I'm Yoshi, and I'm um- kinda lost."

"Thank you for your help Yoshi. I'm y/n."

"Princess y/n?"

"Yep, that's me." you sighed.

Realising your sudden change of tone, he plastered a concerned look.

"Why? Don't you like being a princess?"

"Well I do. But sometimes it gets kind of lonely. Mother and father never let me go out and have friends."

"I can be your friend."