(Marcel enters the room bearing a candle. He looks at Rebekah, expressionless, and Rebekah squints her eyes shut, devastated.)

NEW ORLEANS, PRESENT DAY

(In present day, Rebekah awakens on the same bed as she did in 1887, Marcel standing at the end of it.)

Marcel: Welcome back, Rebekah. You were out for quite a while.Rebekah: Where am I? How'd I get here?Marcel: You upset Davina. I'm glad you two finally got to meet. Now you know what you're dealing with.Rebekah: Is this my old room?Marcel: Oh, it's mine now. Just like this town is mine, Davina's mine, and Elijah is mine until I feel like giving him back. What was once yours, what was once your brother's – it's now mine.

(He turns and walks toward the door, turning back to Rebekah to say one last thing.)

Marcel: And don't ever touch Cami again.

(It's morning; Klaus enters Hayley's room while she's still sleeping. He watches her for a moment, then reaches into her bag, withdrawing from it the vial of wolfsbane. He opens it and lifts it to his nose to smell, when Hayley speaks.)

Hayley: I didn't use it.Klaus: You're awake.Hayley: I could barely sleep all night. This house is like a freaking swamp sauna.

(She sits up in bed while Klaus stares out the window.)

Klaus: What stopped you? You could have been free of all of this... of me.Hayley: Yeah, well... when I was fighting off those vampires, I – I realized I wasn't just protecting myself. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my birth parents gave me up, and my adopted parents kicked me out. All I know is push came to shove, and... I realized I wouldn't let anyone hurt it.Klaus: I'm beginning to think we're a lot alike, you and I. We're both castoffs who have learned to fight when we're backed into a corner.Hayley: Well, we're backed into a corner now.Klaus: Ah, that we are. It's time to fight... little wolf.

(After gently placing a hand on Hayley's shoulder, Klaus backs away and moves to leave.)

Hayley: This whole thing with Marcel – the deal you have with the witches, trying to take him down, take what's his – Rebekah told me that you two once loved each other like family. What happened?Klaus: I made Marcel everything that he is. I treated him like a son. And when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel was killed – we each mourned him, in our own way. Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything my family had built and make it his own. Now, he is living in our home, he is sleeping in our beds. That 'M' he stamps everywhere... it's not for 'Marcel'. It's for 'Mikaelson'. I want it all back, and if I have to push him out to get it, then that's exactly what I'll do. I'll have someone see to the air conditioning.

(Klaus leaves Hayley's room and hurries down the stairs, only to meet Rebekah as she enters the front door.)

Rebekah: You were right. The girl, Cami – she's the key. Marcel likes her, and because of that I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about.Klaus: Well, don't stand on ceremony. What is it?Rebekah: It's not a 'what', it's a 'who'. A girl, Davina. She can't be more than sixteen, and I have never felt power like that.Klaus: A witch.Rebekah: She's not just any witch, she's something I've never seen before, something beyond powerful, and now because of you she has Elijah. Who knows what she could do to him.Klaus: Where is she?

(Rebekah stops to think, then looks confounded.)

Rebekah: That clever bitch. I don't know.Klaus: What's wrong?Rebekah: She wiped my memory of the location. Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original, and you handed our brother to him! How many times will Elijah forgive you? How long until his hope for your redemption finally dies?Klaus: I did what I had to do! Marcel took our home!Rebekah: And our home is worthless without family. I am finding Elijah – whatever it takes. Are you going to help me?Klaus: Whatever it takes.