𝗪𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿.

Eventually we made it back along with Aesop and Victor who seemed very worried. Aesop was bleeding from the head and Victor was unharmed oddly enough "And what happened to you?" Vera looked at Aesop and Victor as they shut the door quickly, Aesop explained since well.. Victor can't speak.

"We were searching for wood to barricade our doors, but it seems Mr. Campbell had other plans.." I looked over at them "What?.. did you do something?!" I replied before I felt my body go tense.

My focus instantly went on the small light above us.

The power cut off and Norton was pounding on the door violently.

"...Everyone hide upstairs, He might have a weapon on him. And we're not risking that shit." Joseph added staring at the door seeming a bit concerned by the noise of the banging. His eyes narrowed.

I held the little girls hand and guided her towards a room upstairs with the others.. Martha stayed downstairs I looked down to her. "Ms. Behamfil.. why aren't you—" I got cut off by Martha's reply.

"I'll fight him off. Get the others to safety, I won't let him hurt any of you."

Vera stepped into our conversation "Martha don't do it. It won't be saf—" Martha also cut her off. "I'll protect you all from dying."

I felt quite anxious about this idea she had, it was clearly idiotic..

Was this woman suicidal?

"But what abo—" I tried to reason with her before being interrupted by Joseph.

"Theres no changing her mind unfortunately. She's far to stubborn.." He said quietly before continuing his way upstairs, I felt a bit of guilt but I didn't have anything else to say..

I just kept uttering words trying to find the right ones. But before I could I got dragged into the room with the others and our attempts to reason with her were useless now, My vision soon blurred out as I felt dizzy and drifted off to sleep.

————————————————————————
𝗝𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗽𝗵.

I heard a few thuds and some screaming, That fight didn't seem to be going well. "I don't think this is going to end well for the both of them." I turned to face Vera as she got up from the empty bed of this vacant room "I agree, I'm quite worried about her.. I heard some screaming." I nodded and looked towards the others Memory crying, Margetha trying to console her meanwhile Edgar sleeping whilst Mike seemed rather relaxed in this situation. I'm not sure where Aesop and Victor are but they're most likely sleeping.. before I had fallen asleep the last thing I heard was screaming and the sound of someone falling.

————————————————————————
𝗘𝗱𝗴𝗮𝗿.

I woke up the next morning before quickly running out of the room and checking on Martha, she wasn't there anymore.

I looked back towards to door to hear Margaretha who seemed to be crying, The little girl tapped my arm and dragged me towards the room she was in.

And there lied Marthas corpse, she was brutally beaten up and cut her. death being from bleeding out.

I stared at the deceased woman my eyes widened as I felt a few tears forming in my eyes, my vision was blurred yet again but I didn't cry.

Aesop had walked over to the body before gently picking up Martha and carrying her towards the garden in the back

"We should bury her somewhere were she'll be with us forever. Afterall, it's what she wished for isn't it?" Aesop said before turning to face me as I stared right back at him. I clearly didn't seem amused when he said that. I thought to myself.

'I will make sure this never happens again...'

I repeated that line over and over in my head

'I will make sure this never happens again. I will make sure this never happens again.'

Aesop stared at me confused "Valden? What's wrong?"

I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts and went back into harsh reality.

"Yes I'm fine, Don't worry about me." I shot back at him quickly

"I don't believe you're telling the truth." Aesop replied blankly before placing Martha's fresh corpse near a flower bed that was set up and then coming back into the base.

Vera had been consoling Margaretha as she sobbed. Memory, the little girl was confused why she was crying simply asking the others what happened yet nobody bothered to answer her questions.

Victor stared at them in silence seeming saddened by the others sobs. Mike tried to distract himself from the current situation seeming shocked.  I looked around the room before thinking.

....

That it was a terrible idea to stick together, I refuse to be slaughtered like a pig.