Chapter 7

Warning: Mature Language (cursing)

I woke up to a loud alarm ringing. It was early in the morning and for a second I had no clue where I was. My eyes shot open as they darted around the room. They landed on Erik as my body softened. His hair was messy and he was newly getting up from a deep slumber as he rubbed his eyes awake. He saw me looking at him and smiled. "Good morning princess" he mouthed over the alarm. I had grown to like the little nickname, if I was going to honest. I hated that I liked it. I hated how I may even like h-

"UP EVERYONE UP!" Shouted Klaue as he disturbed my thoughts. 

I yawned as I got up from the bed. 

Klaue saw me and approached me "Eager to get started are we?" He joked as he slapped his hand on my back which lingered there for bit and slowly moved downwards. I was too dazed to understand what was going on before I felt another hand rip Klaue's away from me. 

"What do you think you're doing?" growled Erik. His eyes went dark as he stared down Klaue. He looked like he was ready to rip him apart.

"Nothing man calm down." said Klaue "Just being playful" He turned to wink at me. 

I had a puzzled expression on my face as I scoffed at him. Erik's eyes never left Klaue as he once again rumbled "Don't even think about pulling that shit again man"

"Nothing happened Erik, I wouldn't dream of it" He said as he placed his fake arm over where his heart was supposed to be. Only when Klaue left my side did Erik turn to look at me, his expression had softened but he was still angry. "If he does somethin' like that to you again I'll-" He sighed. "Just let me know if it happens again" He stalked off. 

I stood in my place unmoving for a few seconds trying to register for a second what happened. I couldn't understand why he got so worked up, we barely knew each other, then again we had something that connected us that could never be broken. I decided to not focus on it as we were starting to leave. I grabbed everything I needed and went to the front of the warehouse where we had left the cars.

Klaue came up to me again, this time he handed me a computer. "This should be enough right sweetheart?" he glanced at me with a grin. 

"This is fine" I replied in a monotone voice.

"You'll wait in the ambulance we've set up, work from there" He instructed.

As me and Klaue spoke Erik and Jasmine came outside. Erik's gaze never left me as I felt him watch my every move. Once Klaue left and was out of reach that's when he went on about what he needed to do. He had put on gold glasses a shirt with a denim jacket and jeans. I had donned on pure black, tight black jeans and a t-shirt with sneakers. Jasmine had to be there early which is why they took the early trip in one car. Whereas me, Klaue, Erik and another guard took the other.

We loaded everything into the car as we got in. I watched the fields as we headed towards 'The Museum of Great Britain'. When I looked back to face Killmonger, his eyes were already tracing my figure. I unconsciously bit my lip at the sight of him entranced. His eyes slowly moved up, fixing on the flesh between my teeth. His Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he swallowed. He quickly looked away as he whispered "crap" to himself, unaware that I could hear. He was a tease that's for sure, but what was that. I couldn't read him as easily as I could other people. I too shifted my position to face the window as I rested my head against the seat. I didn't understand what his intentions or what his objectives were. If only we were alone I could ask him what his aim was with this mission or how we were going to get to Wakanda at all. I could maybe even ask him about Jasmine and whether she was coming because I don't think I could stand another minute with her.