Chapter 2 - Danger Things

Start from the beginning

"I'm getting my tripod!" Piper yelled, running up the stairs. They picked her up after they left the ManCave courtesy of Henry.

"We don't need a picture, Piper!" Henry shouted after her but she was already gone. Shaking his head, he closed the door before walking over to the guys on the couch. He dropped a big bag full of candies on the coffee table, startling them. "Guess who got the most treats of the night."

Jasper scoffed as he stood up, placing a hand on Henry's shoulder. "Oh Henry. You clearly haven't experienced Halloween properly," he dropped a blue bag that looked a lot bigger and way fuller than the blondes'. "Booyah!" Jasper exclaimed, making weird gestures with his arms.

Ray laughed full-heartedly. He stood up and gave the two of them a mocked sympathetic face. "You children no nothing about taking candy from... well...children," he revealed his own bag and dropped it onto the table with a thud. Both Henry's and Jasper's combined candies stood no chance of beating Ray's. His was enormous.

"Well, I wasn't done yet," Henry pulled out another bag from behind him. It was slightly larger than Jasper's but smaller than Ray's, but combined, that made him, "Winner." Henry dropped placed the bag next to his previous one and held his arms out victoriously.

Charlotte came around, with a glass of water in her hand. "Isn't that mine?"

"Whaaa- pffft, no," Henry's voice rose up, giving her a cheeky smile. Charlotte shook her head and took a sip of water, hoping that it would cover up the smile that formed on her face.

Suddenly, Jasper clasped his hands, his eyes shining as an idea formed in his head. The bump on his lip having healed already. "Let's have a contest to see who eats the most candy."

"Uh, I don't think that's-" Charlotte was interrupted by Ray who snapped his fingers, nodding.

"Whoever loses has to wear a tutu and eat worms with Schowz for 3 days,"

"Yay!" Schowz clapped happily for his place on the couch.

"And whoever wins gets to run the ManCave for the whole week," Henry added, already pumped by the challenge.

"Deal! Wait, what?" Ray's eyes widened at the conditions.

"Guys!" Charlotte shouted, catching their attention. "This isn't a good idea." The guys all groaned loudly.

"Can't you be not responsible for one day?" Ray questioned.

"Someone has to be when the adult around here is a child."

"I'm not a child!" Ray pouted, making Charlotte roll her eyes.

"Can you at least do it after the picture?" She suggested. The three of them let out a sigh and nodded, although begrudgingly.

"Henry, I'm entering your room!" Piper screamed from upstairs.

"What? Why?" Henry shouted back.

"Because you stole my tripod!"

"Wha- no I didn- ah nevermind," Henry grumbled, running a hand down his face. Charlotte chuckled before turning around and walking back to the kitchen. She decided to prepare a ton of water if the boys were set on their competition. Somehow that became her role. Whenever they did something stupid, like now, she would always be there cleaning up their messes. She didn't mind though, as long as their ideas weren't over the top and can seriously hurt them.

She searched the kitchen of the Hart house for any spare pitchels. She's probably gonna need about 5, maybe more. There were already two inside the fridge ready to go, and she found two extra ones on the bottom cabinet. That left her with one more. She was about to ask Henry if they had anymore, but stopped when it appeared in front of her. Her eyes followed the holder and found a pair of chocolate eyes staring down at her.