VI.

Kemani GauldenBaton Rouge, LA📍 A Week Later¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥

Kemani Gaulden
Baton Rouge, LA📍
A Week Later
¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥

"So we really just done Kemani? Afta everything we been through." The woman pesters, standing behind the tall man. He fought hard to keep from rolling his eyes in complete annoyance, tho a low sigh escapes, as he turned around to face her.

The two were currently standing in the lowest level of his home, a space in which Kemani uses to conduct and create his forms of art. From personally designing limited sold pieces for his Never Broke Again brand and/ or, doing cameo shoots to post and promote it on social media.

"Ain't dat what I told yo hard headed ass ova the phone last week Iyanna" He replies monotone, staring down at her with a flat expression.

Kemani honestly should've known better, thinking that putting his phone on dnd and silencing her messages was gonna get his point across. He truly had to be foolish.

Not only did Iyanna show up at his front door, bright and early, barely giving the man time to brush his teeth. Toting the designer duffle bag gifted to her last year, over her shoulder. The pop up was unannounced and sudden.

She knew better than anyone, how much Kemani genuinely despises things happening to him at random, unless it were for a good cause. Other than that it inevitably irritates him.

So, not so out of the norm he grasped an immediate attitude, whilst in efforts to turn the ditsy female away then and there.

Iyanna apologized, plead and damn near begged him to let her in. Which again annoyed him further, he also didn't have the heart to slam the door in her face either. No matter what they went through, Kemani still had integrity embedded in his dna, that just wouldn't allow him to be so cruel.

Which also made him invite her inside of his home, only under one condition, that she'd only be there just long enough for him to freshen up. He would then order an Uber driver, to come and transport her some place, far away from him.

Iyanna, of course didn't like it but agreed. Taking the fact that he was even letting her back in his space as a small win, thus coming up with her own idea to stall as much time as she could with him. At least until she could figure what to say, how and when.

Like a sad, lost puppy she followed him in every room he visited in the familiar home, starting with the master bedroom claimed to him. Seemingly getting nervous every time he went to touch his phone, thinking at any moment would be where he told her it was time to go.

When in reality, the thought halfway slipped his mind as something else on his phone caught his attention, someone else.