"Louis Tomlinson?" An unfamiliar voice says in the dead of night. Louis stops in his tracks and looks around the poorly lit parking lot, furrowing his brows when he sees a tall man in a black suit and sunglasses approaching him.

"I'm Louis," he slowly answers.

"Louis Tomlinson, you've been assigned." The man hands him a white embossed envelope before walking away. Stunned, Louis watches the man as he gets into an awaiting limousine and drives off.

"I bet you're pissed right now," Niall cackles in disbelief.

-

"Should we wake Harry?" Niall wonders. He, Louis, and Liam are sitting on the bed in Louis' hotel room, staring at the envelope in front of them with great curiosity.

"I'm sure he's asleep, let's not bother him," Louis says.

"This is a big deal, Louis. I think we should." Regardless of Louis' sensible reasoning not to go to Harry's room, Liam and Niall drag him there. They knock every few seconds until Harry answers with sleepy, squinted eyes and wearing nothing but a pair of pajama shorts.

"Is everything alright?" He asks.

"Louis got assigned," Niall informs him. Harry's eyes open more when he hears this, and he looks at Louis.

"So...you know," Harry quietly says, as if he doesn't want Liam or Niall to hear him.

"I haven't opened it yet," Louis says, then clears his throat. Harry invites the boys in, and the three of them sit on Harry's bed. Louis stands in front of them like he is going to deliver a big speech. However, he is finding out the fate of his future instead.

Louis' heart pounds in his chest as he slowly opens the envelope, pulling out the papers inside and unfolding them:

Mr. Louis Tomlinson,

After careful consideration and thorough review of your data profile, the Alliance has assigned you your appropriate role.

Louis skims the letter, beginning again at the third paragraph.

Please keep in mind that complex cases such as yours may have taken longer to conclude. However, the results of this process are correct. You are now obliged to your role for life, unless a death should occur. Failure to uphold the rules of the Alliance will be investigated by trial, where the accused will face a determined penalty for their actions.

Louis flips to the next page, where a link is typed out in case he wants to view his profile in the Alliance database. Some of the most important information, the only information Louis cares about in the whole letter, is copied from Louis' profile and pasted below the link:

Conscientious vs Lack of direction
Agreeableness vs antagonism
Extraversion vs introversion
Openness vs closedness
Neuroticism vs emotional stability

Assignment: Submissive

Dominant: Harry Styles

"No...no." Louis flips back to the beginning of the letter and reads it again, this time with more care. When he makes it to the bottom of the final page again, the same results are displayed. He has been assigned the role of Submissive, and his Dominant is his ex-boyfriend.

"Who is it?" Liam asks.

"Do you know your Sub?" Niall wonders. Harry has nothing to add. He keeps to himself, looking across the room at an identical embossed envelope placed on top of his dresser, which he received only hours ago.