No Robots Allowed

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to cool off in the water!-" Knuckles announced as he stood up and began to run to the cold, wet water, but when he jumped, he face-planted into sand.

He grumbled as he stood up. 

"Grr! Another mirage!"

He looked up to see a man with an ice cream cart walk over to him, with a smile.

"Are you a mirage?" He asked and the man nodded, but Knuckled grabbed a cone and began to lick it.

All of a sudden, the radio beside your head came on and you were never happy to hear a male's voice. 

"We interrupt this public domain music for some important exposition. A rainstorm is on its way to finally break this heatwave!"

"YAAAS!!" You cheered, pumping your fist in the air as you spat out sand from your mouth.

"I'm okay!"

__

It was soon nighttime, and the gang all went Meh Burger before they all headed home.

"Yo, Y/N? Are you sure everything's okay? All-day you were nervous to talk to me and the others!" Sonic pointed out, making the others agree.

"Yeah! Did we do something?" Tails asked, worried he may have wounded you in some way. But you just shook your hands and head. "Oh, NO, NO, NO! You didn't do anything wrong!" You sighed, looking down.

"Then what's wrong?" Amy asked, placing a hand on your knee and looking at you.

"You're our friend! Sure, we may not get along sometimes, but that doesn't mean you can keep secrets from us-" Sticks spoke up.

"Yeah! Like when I used Amy's toothbrush as a back scratcher and told her..."

"You. Did. WHAT?" Amy yelled.

"....ooooor, I may have told Tails...."

You laughed but soon took a deep breath. "Okay, uh...well...-" As you were about to continue, Eggman robots soon came hurdling towards the village.

"Incoming!" Sonic yelled, but soon the robots went crazy and drove in different directions.

"Outgoing?' Sonic scratched his head.

"Oh, well! We- uh, better see what Egghead is up to!" You chuckled nervously and ran off, leaving the gang to sigh.

__

"Hold it, Eggymo'beggy!"

You looked at your blue friend and the gang stood side-by-side behind Eggman and his robot's in his lair.

"Really? That's the best you got?" You sighed.

"What? You think it's easy coming up with new ones all the time?" Sonic snapped as your sass.

"well, how about...'We got you now, Egg-for-brains!' or 'Time to face justice, Humpty-Dumpty!'"

"Did she just say 'Humpty-Dumpty?" Sticks whispered over to Amy, and Amy sighed as she nodded. 

"Sadly"

"Well, next time, you lead!" Sonic yelled.

"Next time, I will!" You snapped.

"Oh yeah, if you can keep up!-"

"Oh, goodie!" Eggman grinned, making the gang focus once more. "Everyone I despise his here! Robots, attack!" Eggman ordered, but the robots just sat there doing nothing. There was some awkward silence for a moment. 

"Oh, Right. The whole malfunction thing..."

Sonic took action and ran over to Eggman and snatched the remote out his hand and pushed a red button to release two men and a lady, who you had no interest in knowing.

"Dr. Eggman, you are hereby evicted from this lair!" A man shouts, making Eggman beg, 

"No! Please! Don't make me leave my lair! I can't be evil in a condo!"

"Then you'll have to get rid of all your robots!" Another declared, giving the man an option.

"I can't! They're more than just machines of selfish, unmotivated conquest, destruction, and chaos! They're-- they're--my art!"

"Hmm. Art, you say?"

"That's something else all together!"

"Wait! What-?" Sonic shouts in disbelief. "You're not actually buying this?"

"According to CRM-114, subparagraph 14, art is acceptable, provided it's not displayed on your lawn." The lady responded, and Eggman chuckled nervously.

"I would never do that!"

You roll your eyes as you saw Eggman push a button on his wrist behind his back. 

"Good people of the Archipelago Home Owners' Association!" Eggman began.

'AH! That's who they are!'

"I agree to your extortion, and I bid you good night!"

The three left and all the malfunctioned robots came out and began to ruin Eggman's lair, he sighed and tried to take care of them all.

"Good luck with the clean-up, Egg...man..." 

You all looked at Sonic with a 'wtf' face and sighed. 

"That didn't come out right-"

Knuckles began to laugh, 

"Ha-ha! Eggman! I get it!"

You smiled softly as you all began to walk out of Eggman's lair, but Sonic kept looking at you, wondering why you're so quiet all of a sudden. He wasn't really going to admit it, but...he was worried for you.

What's wrong?