Prolouge

"Dammit! Bastard nicked me." Arnbjorn growled to himself.

The contract he had just finished was for an imperial hunter who was holed up in the snowy mountains around Falkreath. Arnbjorn had stalked him to his camp site. He then shifted into a werewolf and bounded for the hunter.

However, the hunter had heard him coming and quickly aimed his bow at Arnbjorn. He let the arrow go and the tip grazed his arm. Letting out a furious growl, "You should've just died quietly. Now I'm going to have fun!" Arnbjorn bit into the Imperials arm and ripped at his chest.

After finishing his kill, he made his way back down the hill. His arm was rippled with pain from the wound.

"I should have made him die more slowly." He scoffed.

He kicked at the rocks on the road, taking his frustration out on the environment. Just then, he heard a cry.

Arnbjorn turned to see where the sound come from and his eyes landed on a bush. There was definitely crying from inside the bush. As he got closer, he could smell the vague scent trail of a woman. However, she was long gone now.

Curious, he decided to peek inside the bush. The crying stopped and a pair of blue eyes stared up at him. Beside the baby was another one who nuzzled up in the blanket it was wrapped in.

"What the hell?" He peered down in confusion.

The two babies were abandoned in the bushes off the side of the road. All they had was a blanket wrapped around them, but they were still exposed to predators who might hear their crys..

Then, Arnbjorn noticed something even more unusual. These two babies smelled of the wilderness. A familiar scent he recognized as the curse of Hircine. These were werewolf pups. Abandoned by their mother for the wolves to find.

Arnbjorn growled, "If I ever see that woman again. I'll kill her for this."

He figured the best thing he could do for the two pups was to go ahead and kill them, so they didn't suffer. He reached down and went to grab one of them, but she wrapped her little fingers around his hand and something snapped inside him. These pups were abandoned and all alone. No one would notice if he took them.

Debating with himself for a second, if his wife would be angry. He picked up the two swaddled pups and quickly rushed off to the sanctuary. Trying to remain unseen.

He snuck through the door and headed for him and Astrid's bedroom.

The blonde assassin spoke up without turning around to face him, "How was your contract?"

"The little bastard shot me right before I ripped him apart." He answered.

Astrid turned her gaze from her paper work and finally noticed his arms, "What's that?"

"Um... new members of the brotherhood?" He awkwardly mumbled.

Astrid's eyes stretched wide and she gasped, "Where the hell did you get twobabies?"

"They were just giving them away off the side of the road. Couldn't just leave them." Arnbjorn mused.

"The sanctuary is no place for a child! Arnbjorn-"

"Look, we haven't been able to have children of our own. These two babies are both werewolf pups. It's a sign Astrid. We were meant to find them." He reasoned.

Astrid took a second to process what he said. Stepping closer to look at the two pups. She reached down to see them and one grabbed her hand with her small fingers. Astrid stiffened up, but immediately softened with affection showing in her eyes.

"Fine." She sighed. "We'll keep them as our children and raise them to be assassins. The things you get me into."

Arnbjorn smiled and hugged his wife, holding the two pups between them. His little family was complete now.

"What should we name them?" He asked.

"Hm... you name one and I'll name the other. They're twins after all." She smiled warmly.

"Okay! I'll name this fiesty one, Mallory. She's got the wolf's spirit." Arnbjorn said, patting one of the pups.

"And this girl," Astrid smiled, taking the pup in her arms, "I'll call Xavithia."