Let's Talk

It had been all night since Hermione had gone to the apartment. She was depressed that the love of her dreams had completely turned on her and lied. She knew Ron had gone to the bar for a night of drinking and hangover.

As she walked down the street thinking of where to go next, she decided to go to the Leaky Cauldron.

As she stepped into the front door did she see Draco Malfoy.

"Granger, is it not a pleasure to see you here this late at night." He sneered.

"Ah, I see. I stepped into the ignorant people club, my mistake." Hermione snapped.

"Take your hedgehog of hair and get out. I'm don't want a smart ass in the same building as me." Malfoy hissed.

Hermione glared at Malfoy and decided to let it go. She briskly walked up a flight of stairs and laid on the bed. It was the first time she could cry without eyes on her.

This hasn't been the first time this had happened. Ron had gotten drunk loads of times, but never did Hermione ever see him this bad. This time she knew she couldn't handle it.

While she was alone she heard a knock on the door. 'Probably Malfoy with another comment about my hair.' She thought. She swung open the door to see it was Ginny.

"Ginny! I didn't have any idea you would be here!" Hermione smiled. It was the first rush of relief she felt the whole night.

"I got the note. Ron has always been an oaf when it comes to feelings. Besides, I knew you would come here to the Leaky Couldren because it was almost like another home to you." Ginny commented.

"Yeah, come in. Can we talk?" Hermione rushed Ginny inside and they both plopped down on the bed.

"I know I gave you a very brief message about what happened tonight, but lets just say that it was so much more." Hermione explained. Ginny nodded and told Hermione to go on. "He called me a mud-blood. He NEVER calls me that..." Hermione again had tears swelling in her eyes.

Ginny froze. Ron had just stepped over the line. "Is there anything else he said?" Ginny stammered.

"Yes, he interrupted me. It might be small but it's not like him!" Hermione burst into tears. Ginny saw that she was hysterical.

"Uh, is there anything I could do?" Ginny tried.

"I'm- afraid-not. Just give-some last-words of-advice." Hermione hiccuped.

"Uh, just don't let him get to you. Trust me, he will get wasted until he can't see anymore. So I suggest just go away and don't do as he asks." Ginny suggested. She never had to go through this with Harry.

"I'll try..." Hermione agreed and soon tears were flowing down her cheaks. 'Ron is dishonest, drunk, and has called me names he won't even know about the next day.' Hermione thought. Ginny put an arm around her and tried to be comforting, but only could a man do such thing.