Heat rises up to his cheeks once more, a slight pout forming on his lips as he shuts his eyes. His lord teases him enough, why do you have to join in? "Whatever...that was uncalled for."

A hand places itself atop his head, playfully ruffling his hair as he lifts his eyelids, the sight of you smiling once again meeting his eyes. "To make up for it, I'll tell you this," you start, tilting your head as your grin somehow gets wider.

"You're as pretty as a daisy, princess." you say confidently on the first half, before a teasing tone arises along with the nickname that leaves your lips. 

It's a joke you've mentioned more than once in the past. Animals often gather around him likes flies, each one showing him affection as a return due to Thoma taking care of them, and he acts so kindly and carries himself with nothing but good intentions, much like a princess in one of those fairy tales you've read as a child.

You both laugh together, your hand leaving his hair as you cover your mouth in laughter, him doing the same as your shoulders bump against each other's.

These type of moments are the reasons you both stay joined to hip ever since your childhood lives back then in Monstadt. The bliss of being each other's company, knowing each other so well while staying comfortable in the other's presence that you both don't bother to hide anything from each other.

It was a promise you both made. Never leave each other alone, never lie to each other...and never hide anything from the other.

This promise is what brought you to Inazuma, worried in case of Thoma feeling lonely in the new environment this nation had offered as he relayed the crucial information of his father going missing ever since he arrived.

What kind of friend would you be if you didn't bother to help him in his time of need?

Nonetheless, you're fully confident he abides those words of promise much like you do, trusting him is so easy, that must be why you thought that the Daisy's purity and loyalty suits him so much. Much like how he places this trust in his Lord and Lady of the Kamisatos.

Unbeknownst to you, he had already broken your promise. Multiple times. Ever since a long time ago. 

It started a while back, when you both met up in Inazuma after your arrival. His letter mentioned that you should see him at the Kamisato Estate, and by asking some locals around, you finally got to your designated location, but not quite expecting a person other than Thoma to greet you when you first step onto the prestigous clan's grounds.

"Head of the Kamisato Clan, Kamisato Ayato. Delighted to make your acquaintance. I trust that you're here for Thoma?"

Thoma pauses in his housework when he sees you outside, an immediate smile coming to his lips, before his expression drops almost instantly when he realizes who you were talking to.

Whilst speaking to his lord, he sees you blush, hands waving in embarrassment while his superior laughs at you, a banter happening between you that he's unable to decipher from inside the house. 

This was his first violation of your promise.

Even after greeting you when he showed up in the porch of the estate, striking up a conversation with you and Ayato amidst your very obvious flirting towards each other, he never told you.

He never told you about the fact that his stomach dropped, horror filling his veins when you and the lord he swore loyalty towards sparked up a chemistry the moment you both met and onwards. Despite you noticing something was off, and even inquired to him about his shaken composure, he never told you and just insisted he was fine.