Maybe the Devil did like the gift

Start from the beginning

Marcel: Damn girl! I said, damn!Josh: How could you!?Tina: Get over it, Josh. It's not like I had a choice. You would've done the same thing, but you're such a little –

(Marcel kills Tina by breaking her neck.)

Marcel: Let her die in cold storage. Got a thing about people who betray their own friends. C'mon. Let's go for a ride.Thierry or Diego: Go!

(Rebekah watches from a balcony above as Klaus loads Josh into he car, and Marcel talks on his cell phone. She recalls a memory of Marcel and Klaus.)

Flashback

(Rebekah practices fencing with a young Marcel.)

Klaus: Attack au Fer! Now counter-parry. A hit! Palpable hit.Marcel: I'm gonna marry you some day.Rebekah: I would never marry someone who couldn't best me in a duel. Another lesson?

(The memory segues into a later memory; Marcel is a grown man now. They duel until Marcel backs Rebekah into a corner. They remove their fencing masks. Marcel is about to kiss Rebekah, when Klaus appears and they step back from each other.)

Present day

(Rebekah is standing on a balcony. Marcel finds her.)

Marcel: Rebekah Mikaelson. Come to teach me another lesson? Last time I saw you, Royal Street was burning and you all were fleeing from the city from your daddy.Rebekah: I thought you were dead.Marcel: You never looked back to find out. Why are you here?Rebekah: Elijah. I think Klaus has done something to him.Marcel: Stop. Stop right there. If there is one thing I learned about you Mikaelsons, it's don't get in the middle of family feuding. Doesn't end well.
FLASHBACKMarcel: There is nothing going on between us. I swear it, on my life.Klaus: Your life means something to me. Give me the privilege of honesty or that will cease to be the case.Marcel: I like her. And I think it's mutual, but I haven't done anything about it. I wouldn't, not –Klaus: And you won't. I love my sister, but she lacks fortune when it comes to men. They come and go for her, but I am the constant. She's my family.Marcel: You said I was family. I have begged you to turn me into a vampire.Klaus: And I told you, I will turn you when you're ready. You go near Rebekah again, and you never will be.
PRESENT DAYRebekah: Even after all you've achieved, you're still scared of him.Marcel: I'm not scared of anyone.Rebekah: If I find out you know where Elijah is, you needn't fear Klaus – I'll kill you myself.Marcel: Nostalgia's a blast and all, but I can't help you. It was nice seeing you, though. Good luck finding what you're looking for.

(Marcel jumps off the balcony.)

(Marcel walks into a bar, his eyes searching the place until he spots Klaus sitting at the bar.

Klaus: I know that face – woman trouble.Marcel: You're a dick, you know that? Why didn't you tell me your sister's back in town?Klaus: Well, I thought it would be more amusing for you to find out for yourself.Marcel: Is there anything else that I need to know?Klaus: Only that she's grown considerably more insane in the last century.Marcel: Or maybe that it was her who killed my guys?Klaus: Doubtful. Unless that biker bar is frequented by small-town, high school quarterbacks, I can't imagine she'd be interested.

(Marcel's phone rings and he answers it. Klaus listens with his vampire hearing.)

Marcel: Yeah?Caller: Just got a tip – someone saw a werewolf in Bienville Park.Marcel: Get a couple night-walkers to run it down. Bring me back its head.

(He hangs up.)

Klaus: Well, I guess that solves the mystery of the murdered riffraff. At least my sister's in the clear.Marcel: About that. I don't have time for Mikaelson family drama. You're my guest – keep your sister in line.