Chapter 30: Id Rather Be Me With You

Start from the beginning

"...what the actual fuck is she doing." Sasha whispered to herself trying not to laugh. She grinned, her heart warmed by the thought that although they weren't sitting together, she and Anne could still have fun like this.

Then, suddenly, a tall familiar looking kid with a mess of light brown curls and round glasses entered the classroom. Mrs Grint clapped her hands together on delight.

"Ahh you must be Ivan Quinn! Would you like to introduce yourself?" She said, as the whole class looked up, excited to see what the new kid had to say.

Ivan breathed in, preparing themselves, quickly coughing into their fist and respectfully saying.
"No."

"Ah." The teacher said, visibly disappointed.
"Well, could you please sit here at the front?" She said, pointing to the empty seat next to Anne. Her and Ivan's eyes both lit up with mischievous delight as they sat down, smugly, in the assigned seat. Sasha watched from behind, unable to help feeling slightly left out.

Whatever she said, trying to push the disappointment out of her mind. I'll just listen to the lecture. It just about alcohol, no actual drugs.

Mrs Grint droned on, her 60 something year old voice barely reached Sasha's corner of the room. Sasha quickly became bored, and decided to draw in her book. She drew endless triangles and stars and eyes, just usual random drawings. Than she started drawing people, subconsciously drawing a girl that looked suspiciously like Anne. Sasha groaned.

She wasn't mad at Anne. It wasn't her fault that she got to sit next to her friend. And she definitely wasn't jealous of Ivan. She and Anne were dating. They were official. Girlfriend and girlfriend. Anne was too pure and kind to cheat on her. She was just hanging out with an old friend. But still, it made Sasha feel all kinds of anger and sadness. It twisted her gut into an ugly feeling. Maybe she was a teensy but jealous.

And maybe it was Anne's fault for all of a sudden ignoring her to make fortune tellers under the table with her new best friend Ivan-

She suddenly realised how laughable all this was. Sasha was making way too big a deal out of this. She checked her watch and sighed.

Only 48 minutes to go. I can live with that. So that's just what she did. Sasha entertained herself through 20 more minutes of the lesson before she heard Mrs Grint say.

"Ok that's all for the alcohol portion. Now for illegal drugs. Illegal drugs come in forms of depressants, hallucinogens and stimulants..."

She nearly had a heart attack. This was all so sudden. She barely had any time to prepare herself as Mrs Grint began to play a video. The first scene, straight up was an animation of three people smoking weed. Sasha's hand shot up in the air.

"Can I go to the bathroom?"

.:.

Anne, who was whispering and making jokes with Ivan, suddenly froze at the sight of Sasha looking very pale and close to tears, rushing out the door.

Crap she thought. Anne had barely been paying attention to the lesson and looked to the bored to see a video playing, talking about weed.

Fuck. She suddenly became extremely worried. Was Sasha going to throw up again? Was she going to have a panic attack? Was she going to be alright!?