Chapter Nine: Apologising

got covid lol uploads r gonna be slow🥲

Anne watched as Sasha's car drove away with a sigh. She collapsed onto her bed and wiped away the tears that were beginning to form.

"ANNE DINNER!!" Mrs B called from downstairs.
"Coming!" Anne yelled back.
She rolled herself off of her bed and slouched to the door. All she could think about was how angry Sasha was, and that the last time they were that angry with each other was back when she had taken over Newtopia.

Anne arrived at the dinner table and lay her head on it.
"What's wrong honey?" Her dad said, munching on his Tom Kha Kai.
"Nothing" she sighed.
"Is it about your fight with Sasha?"
Anne looked up. "You heard that!?"
He slowly nodded.
"Yes, she was yelling quite loudly."
Anne banged her head onto the table.
"I didn't even say sorry. What kind of a friend am I?"
"You are a friend who was worried about her friend and was trying to help. Sasha will realise that soon enough, and once you apologise, I'm sure she'll forgive you."
"Wow Dad... since when have you been so good at giving advice?" Anne said, sounding genuinely shocked.
"I've learnt from the best." He said, as Mrs B walked in carrying her and Anne's dinner.
"Doogle."
Anne laughed at that. She loved how her dad could always cheer her up.
"So everyone how was your day?" Anne's mom asked.
"OH! You'll never believe this. I was delivering Sheila down the road around lunch and she was wearing a neck brace..."

After dinner, Anne cleared her bowl and went to have a shower. As she entered the bathroom however, she saw something in the top corner of the room that scared the shit out of her. It was a spider.

"Oh my god." Anne said barely breathing. She grabbed her electric toothbrush and took the head off. Anne pressed the button. Making it vibrate.

This is what it looks like. My sibling stabbed me with one of these before as a joke. It broke skin 😭

Anne crouched, preparing to attack it, but only if it attacked

And that it did.

It leaped toward her. "HOLY CRAP!!!! HOLY. CRAP!!!" She cried, trying to stab it.

"Anne are you ok up there?" Her mum yelled.
"ABSOLUTELY NOT." Anne screamed as the spider scuttled around where her toothbrush hit, almost liked it knew her next moves.
Immediately Anne's mother rattled the handle on the door.
"Anne unlock it quick!!" Mrs B yelled.
Anne spun around to face the door to be met with a sight that was truly terrifying.

A second spider.

On the doorknob.

She screamed and stabbed her toothbrush at it. It climbed onto the wall and up the door to join the first one, which had gone onto the roof. Anne quickly unlocked the door and Mrs B barged in.
"Anne... go downstairs."
She did as she was told, dropping her toothbrush and running into the kitchen.

The sounds of epic battle coming from the roof of where Anne's mom was fighting for her life, would remain in her heart for the rest of her life.

A minute or two passed and it finally went silent, so Anne headed upstairs. She decided that she'd rather just got to her room than go back into the crime scene.

She lay on her bed, exhausted, thinking she would just close her eyes for a second, and before she knew it, Anne was dead asleep.

She woke up in a hallway. It so was long and narrow, that she couldn't see the end of it. There were a couple of lights, but they flickered eerily. Anne heard splashing and looked down to see that she was standing in shallow water. She also saw that a shoe was missing. Anne was wearing her school uniform and... a chest plate with a frog emblem.
"What the heck?" She mumbled. Suddenly, the ground below her dropped, and she fell into complete darkness, screaming. Suddenly the black that had swallowed her turned into a beautiful array of stars and galaxies. It was kind of peaceful actually.

Anne gazed around her, in awe. However, something was off. She had the feeling that she wasn't alone. She slowly turned around and saw the core moon flying straight at her. Anne tried to get away, but she was stuck in space. The moon hit her and suddenly started to gain speed.
Anne tried to scream but nothing came out. Suddenly, she saw what the moon was flying towards... earth. But she could see everyone on the planet and there wasn't just her parents neighbours and friends... there were the plantars as well, along with everybody from wartwood. Anne desperately tried to push the moon back by punching it. The core slowly closed all of it eyes and pushed Anne toward the earth. She was falling again, still facing the core, and as it's eyes reopened, they were one that Anne knew. They belonged to Sasha. And they were staring at her.
"I'm sorry!" And tried to scream. She tried to do anything. But she couldn't. So instead she cried.

"NO!" Anne cried, waking up. She panted a bit, trying to catch her breath before patting herself down and realising it was all just a stupid nightmare.
Anne glanced at her watch. It was around 1 am. She groaned.

"I need to apologise to Sasha as soon as possible..." Anne sighed, trying to fall asleep.

.:.
Sorry it's short :/
Will make a longer one tonight