Season 1: Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"Guys, it's an emergency. If you are there I need you to answer right now," Anastasia said as Hopper started to drive to the Byers' house. Just to have somewhere to be. Radio silence followed again.

They arrived at the Byers' house and Anastasia sighed as she walked in. "I repeat. This is an emergency! If you are there I need you to answer. I know you are in trouble, you need to tell me where you are, over," Anastasia said and she waited. "Yeah, I copy. It's Mike. I'm here. We're here," Mike replied and Anastasia sighed out of relief.

"Good, now tell me where you are," Anastasia said and she began to pace. "We are in the old junkyard," Mike said.

"Ok," Anastasia said.

"You guys stay here. I'll go get them," Hopper said and Anastasia's brows furrowed. "I'm coming with you," Anastasia said.

"No, you're not. You are staying here, I am not arguing with you about this," Hopper said and Anastasia was not happy about this verdict. "Fine. Bring them back in one piece," Anastasia said and Hopper left the Byers and got into his car.

"You really care about those kids, huh?" Nancy asked and Anastasia nodded. "Yeah, they are like four annoying little brothers," Anastasia said.

"They are lucky to have someone like you in their corner. I mean, I'm lucky to still have you in mine," Nancy said and Anastasia smiled. "I'll be in your corner forever, most likely. I'm not sure what could change that," Anastasia said.

"Oh, how's your ankle?" Nancy asked and Anastasia shrugged. "It's alright. It still hurts, but it's not too bad," Anastasia replied.

"What happened to your ankle?" Oliver asked as he was pretty close to the two girls. Anastasia's eyes widened. "Oh shit. You didn't tell him?" Nancy asked as she covered her mouth and immediately regretted bringing it up. "I got scratched," Anastasia said which was obviously a lie. "Anastasia," Oliver said sternly.

"What? It's true," Anastasia said and he gave her a knowing look. To the people who know her, It's obvious when she lies. "I'm not technically lying. It's just not a cat scratch," Anastasia said.

"Then what happened?" Oliver asked and Anastasia shared a look with Nancy. "I don't want to say," Anastasia said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because you'll be mad at me," Anastasia said with an innocent smile. "Anastasia Mae Madden, answer my question," Oliver said and Anastasia gave him a surprised look for using her full name. "Uh, how do I explain this?" Anastasia asked Nancy.

"We found a gate into the Upside Down and we went inside. We found this creature eating a deer and we tried to escape. While Ana was escaping it grabbed her and dug its claw into her leg," Nancy said.

"You're kidding, right?" Oliver asked and Anastasia and Nancy shook their heads. "Unfortunately, no. We are not joking," Anastasia said.

"Why did you go inside?" Oliver asked.

"We had to get answers and Nancy was going to go in there anyway. So I thought it would be a good idea if I went in there with her," Anastasia said, slightly hinting at the fact that she didn't exactly need any weapons to defend herself. "It's still stupid. Please tell me you guys brought something to defend yourself when you went in there?" Oliver asked.

"Why do you think we ran away?" Anastasia asked.

"Survival skills," Oliver replied.

"No, we didn't bring any weapons," Anastasia said.

"I figured," Oliver said and then headlights shined into the house. Anastasia didn't hesitate to run out of the house. As she got closer to the car, she saw Eleven, Mike, Dustin, and Lucas get out of the car. Mike detoured to see his sister first, but the others went to Anastasia, who gave them all a big hug. "What happened?" She asked Eleven as she took in her tired state.