𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

➵ ➵ ➵

That night ended with the two of them leaving whatever had happened behind them, so I guess you could say they were 'on good terms', but that didn't stop Valarie from hating her sister's guts

That night ended with the two of them leaving whatever had happened behind them, so I guess you could say they were 'on good terms', but that didn't stop Valarie from hating her sister's guts. Maybe hate is a strong term.

The same night Valarie's brother mike and his friends Will, Lucas and Dustin had finished playing their game of D&B and had left to go home on their bikes, only Will didn't make it home. Johnathon rang her this morning explaining the situation as she ensured that he probably just pulled a silly run away as she'd always do.

Regarding that, she was at the table staring at her cereal, stirring it repeatedly with her spoon and head in hand.

"Valarie can we pick up Steve on the way to school please," Nancy asked innocently.

She was dreading this moment only, she couldn't say no as it would seem rude.

"Sure whatever you owe me", she blankly responded.

Grabbing her stuff she made her way to the car and started the engine, waiting for her sister she pulled a pack of alluve lilac cigarettes out of her back pocket placing one between her lips before lighting it.

Her sister jumped into the passenger seat beside her.

Taking the cigarette out of her mouth as she asked, "So when did you both start seeing each other? You and Steve."

"I guess a month? Yeah, I think." She replied a bit startled by the sudden question.

"Cool, cool"

The rest of the way to Steve's was a silent but not so awkward drive. Valerie pulled up honking the wheel.

"Oi, dipshit hurry up!" She blared playfully as Steve rolled his eyes at her also in the same way before making his way into the back of her car.

➵ ➵ ➵

Being back at school in Hawkins for Valarie was something she didn't think she'd go back to doing, she couldn't say it was terrible she'd just rather be doing something better. It just brought back the memories of when she was younger.

She didn't let her thoughts take over her and instead she opened the doors peering into the main corridor. Making her way to her old locker whispers emerged from each side of the room.

As Valarie closed her locker looking to her right she noticed Steve looking over at her, she smiled at him making which caused him to come back to reality smiling back and walking off to class.

He did the same in each class they had shared, glancing over every moment he could but then playing it off as if he were zoning out. Valarie clocked onto this but seemed to have let it slide not wanting to get herself into anything.