xxv. 𝐀 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞?

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, i'm with him." Eddie breathed out.

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin shined her light down into the one that Peter snapped.

"What?" Steve stared at her.

"It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear." she said in return with a shaky breath. "And I think we should probably get you to a doctor, like, really soon because once symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead."

"I give it all up." Peter shook his head, screeching echoing out into the dark fog. Bradley grabbed Peter, pulling him with him and Eddie as they hurried to stand with Steve and Nancy, Robin close behind. More bats flew their way, Peter held his breath in fear before they all began to swarm the gate they came in on.

"There's not that many." Eddie whispered.

"We can take em. Right?" Steve inhaled.

"No." Peter shook his head. The echoing of more was heard out in the distance, getting closer.

"Yeah, I don't think we're gonna be able to take them." Bradley shook his head.

"The woods. Come on." Nancy spoke quick, taking off to the right. Peter followed her as Steve and Bradley were close after, Robin and Eddie in the back.

"Great. More running." Robin gripped her flashlight.

"Oh my god, it's Hawkins." Peter spoke up as he looked around the woods. "Come with me!"

"Peter!" Nancy yelled as he took off in a different direction.

"God, that kid." Steve huffed, running around him.

"Peter!" Bradley ran after him, keeping up with him as much as he could.

"Come on, there's a place up here!" he yelled, encouraging them to follow quickly.

"In the woods?" Eddie hurried after, coming across a small cabin.

"Hoppers cabin?" Nancy stopped. "But, it got destroyed."

"I borrowed my Dads money and got it repaired so El could have a place that reminds her of her Dad." he caught his breath from running. "We can hide."

"Yes, yes, go." Bradley encouraged quickly as they ran inside. Peter paused as he looked around, Eddie ran straight into him.

"Got the whole place refinished too?" Robin gapped.

"No." Peter turned in a circle as he looked around. "No, no, this wasn't all here. This was all destroyed."

"Maybe it's different in the Upside Down?" Bradley suggested.

"No, it's not." Nancy shook her head.

Peter ran through the house as Nancy took notice of Steve's terrible wound, mending it. The Clarke boy could hear Robin mumbled, pushing through El's bedroom door. Only, it wasn't her room. It was just a spare bedroom with stacks of unnecessary things. Peter looked around, searching for any sign of her even once being there. "Doesn't make sense."

"Peter." Bradley called for him, Eddie shhed him.

"Doesn't make sense. The house is in the same shape it was, but El's room isn't her room. It's like she was never here, but Hopper always was." Peter walked back into the living room to see Nancy tying Steve's wounds up. "What if this is bad? What if she doesn't exist anymore? What if something got her?"

"Keep in mind this is a different demention." Nancy looked over at him. "It's a replica, but not all replicas are the same."

Peter paid her no mind as he looked through the rest of the house, yanking on cabinets. "No Eggos, no Lucky Charms."