Chapter Twenty Two-The Story Of A Weary Fighter

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong Lore? We promised whatever it was we'd talk about it. Remember? I'm here, talk to me bunny. I'm here!" He tenderly smoothed down her hair and wiped her face. He whispered things into her ears and Loretta melted into him.

"She messed everything up..." Shay threw her body into mine upon hearing Loretta's statement. She buried her face into my neck as she silently cried.

"Shhhh. It's okay. We'll get through it." He shushed, rocking her back and forth. He looked up to us and said.

"Take her to your place Sierra." He gestured to Shay. "I'll take care of Lore."

"No! I'm not leaving her!" Shay protested, pulling away from me.

"She doesn't want to see you right now. Just go with Sierra, please Shay!" He pleaded and I nodded, pulling Shay along.

"Call me when she's calm, please." I demanded and Elliot nodded. With that, I guided Shay out with a ton pair of eyes on us.

~*~

"Do you need anything?" I asked Shay who was on my bed. She had a far away look in her eyes and I had to repeat my question for her to notice my presence.

"No thanks." She chanced at a polite smile. I sighed. It was dark now and Elliot was yet to call. It was safe to say we were going mad with worry.

I joined her on the bed. "She's going to be fine."

She nodded. "Yeah. But I did that to her." She turned her remorseful eyes to me.

I wrapped an arm around her. "You were hurt. You didn't mean to."

"But that's it. I meant to expose her. If only I knew what it'd do to her I swear I wouldn't have!" I shot her a disappointed look.

"Shay...first of all it wasn't your place to tell. Secondly, how could you possibly think doing that wouldn't hurt her in any way? I told you...people don't always hide because they're cowardly. They do because it feels safe. And that they don't want to hurt."

Her lips turned down in guilt. "I should've never-"

My phone ringing cut her off. I leant over and picked it up, answering Elliot's incoming call.

"Elliot!" I gasped out and Shay perked up.

"Sierra..." he sounded disturbed and all too quiet. He paused as if thinking and I frantically asked what happened.

"Just come over to her place. She wants to talk to you." I didn't like the fear in his voice.

"With Shay?" I asked.

"Yes with her." Shay jumped down from the bed, grabbing my car keys from the nightstand.

After telling him we were on our way, I hang up. We went down to my car and I drove over to their apartment.

Entering, Elliot met us at the sitting area. Shay quickly ran over and he hugged her, kissing and comforting her.

"Hey. She's in her room. I'll leave you girls but please call me if anything happens." He said seriously and I nodded, promising I would. He kissed Shay one last time and patted my hair, leaving.

I knocked on Lore's door and entered, Shay following my lead.

"Loretta!" I called and went over to hug her. She held me and after sometime, we pulled back. Her back was to her headboard and her legs were stretched out in front of her.

Her right knee was angrily swollen.

"What happened?" I gestured to the leg. Shay was still standing awkwardly before her.