you never know

moving day is finally here. i hear my door slightly creek and i slightly open my eyes to see what was happening. suddenly, im drenched in cold water. a wheezing Leo drops to the floor and clutches his stomach to stop the pain from laughing. i look at my phone and it reads *4:45 am*.

"LEO IT'S FUCKING 4 IN THE MORNING!" i yell at him.

"uh no it's almost 5. and mom says to get up," he says through choked giggles. i get up and step on him on my way out the door.

"OW Y/N THAT HURT!" the 14 year old boy yells at me.

"good," i say behind me as i walk to the bathroom. i brush my teeth and comb my hair and then put on a tiny bit of makeup. i pack all my toiletries into a small bag and bring it downstairs to put into my suitcase. soon enough, my mom and brother are in the car on the way to the airport. a few tears drop down my cheeks and get absorbed into my hoodie but i try not to make it obvious. as much as i hate how hot florida gets, i'll miss the beaches and sunsets. before i know it, we're at the airport and even sooner, on the plane. i put my airpods in and play my favorite playlist called "falling in love". it reminds me of all the mixed emotions i felt when james and i first started hanging out. i felt so immediately attached to him and safe. all of that stopped almost instantly but i still like to remember the feeling.
the 3 hour flight wasn't too bad. aside from Leo snoring, nothing else was annoying so i'd consider it a good flight. as soon as i step into the hallway leading away from the plane and into the airport, i feel instantly freezing. my pj pants and hoodie aren't doing anything to keep me warm. i look at Leo and i can immediately tell he feels the same way. his nose is starting to turn pink and he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"emo boy," i say, laughing at my own joke. he shoves me and i stumble, almost falling into someone.

"i'm so sorry!" i say to the person and glare at Leo.

"kids! shut the fuck up!" my mom says a little too loudly. parents heads shoot to look at my mom and a few parents even give her dirty looks. fuckin bitches.

"did we get an uber to take us home?" i ask.

"no i actually talked to our neighbors and they said they'd pick us up! i think they have boys your age, y/n" she says, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"oh my god, mom. i have james" i reply.

"fuck him. did you already block him on everything?"she asks.

"yeah i did before we left," i answer.

"then you're single," she says, sassily walking in front of me. oh my god this woman drives me insane. we get our luggage and head to the doors outside.

"they said they're in a minivan," my mom says as soon as i see one.

"that one?" i ask, pointing to it.

"yes! come on kids gets go, Leo lead the way" she answers. when Leo starts walking, my mom fixes my hair.

"what?" she says smirking, "you never know."

i roll my eyes at her and laugh, then follow Leo. an adorable lady steps out of the drivers seat of the van.

"hi i'm Marylou! you're my new neighbors right?" she says in the cutest voice i've ever heard.

"yes it's so nice you meet you!" i say, getting engulfed in a hug by her. she talks to my mom and Leo too but my eyes are focused elsewhere. 3 identical boys that look to be my age step out of the back of the car. my gaydar immediately goes off as i look at one of the boys. i smile knowing he's going to be hilarious. the other two are insanely good looking. the first has longer and messier hair while the second's hair is shorter and parted down the middle. though all 3 of them being mesmerizing, my eyes can't seem to pull away from the one with short hair. something about him makes my heart flutter. goddamn. mom was right. you really never know.

"hi i'm Nick!" the (gay?) one says.
"i'm Chris," the one with longer hair says.

"and i'm Matt," my heart thumps and i can already feel my cheeks burning red.

"im y/n! it's so nice to meet you guys," i say, sticking my hand out to shake theirs. my fingers tremble from the cold and i get a little embarrassed. Nick doesn't seem to care and even laughs about it. however, he doesn't shake my hand. he daps me up instead. i cant help but laugh at this. what a greeting. Chris does the same and then Matt after him.

"are you cold? i have an extra hoodie in the car if you want," he says.

"noted," i say, my teeth chattering. him and i laugh for what seemed like forever but was probably only like 5 seconds. he walked past me to greet my mom and brother. only, he didn't dap up my mom. none of the boys did. they hugged her and talked about how cool it was to meet their new neighbor.
what gentleman.
they did dap up my brother though, to nobody's surprise.

"y/n, Leo, can you guys put the suitcases in the back?" my mom asks.

"yeah of course," i reply.

"we can help," the triplets say at the same time. creepy...but cool!

"oh thanks boys!" my mom says. as soon as they turn away from her, she winks at me. oh lord.
the boys take the luggage out of my hands and easily put it into the back. then, Matt and i go to one side of the car while the others go to the other side . i go to open the door.

"ah ah ah," Matt says and i turn around, confused. he reaches past me to open the door. i look into his light blue eyes and smile.

"you know, your dark hair compliments your eyes," i say to him.

"oh? i never noticed. now get in the car before you freeze to death," he says, laughing.