o22 || dustin

Winter break was flying by for Dustin. Christmas had come and gone already and they were steadily approaching New Year's. Before he knew it, he'd be back in school, something he was kind of dreading. Christmas had gone as well as it could have. Delilah had sat in the corner, nursing whiskey all day until she passed out on the couch watching It's A Wonderful Life. He wasn't sure what had gone down between her and Eddie, but the two hadn't been seen together for a good while. Hell, Dustin even had to deliver Eddie's Christmas gift from Delilah to him. She said it was just because Fuzzy's was so busy for the holidays, but for some reason, he really doubted that was the reason. He knew she was under a lot of stress though. She was trying to get adjusted to Charles being back in their life. It was a little exhausting. There was now another person who felt they had responsibility over them and was constantly asking what they were doing, who they were seeing, or where they were going.

Delilah never seemed to give in though. She was an adult though technically so he didn't blame her resistance to the change. She would still let Claudia know when or when she wouldn't be home late, but totally ignored their dad. Dustin had gotten quite a lot of different things for Christmas but the best thing was a hoard of new games for his NES. He had spent most of Christmas playing them, but tonight was a Hellfire Club meeting, finally. It was at Mike's house this time which he was thankful for. He couldn't imagine trying to explain to the guys about his estranged father sleeping on the couch. Hell the only person he could really talk to about his dad was Eddie since he was also drug into the situation. He had seemed kind of off as well.

Just another reason he thought something had transpired between the couple that still to his knowledge weren't officially a couple. Eddie had made some kind of comment about it the last time the two saw one another. He figured that was delivering Delilah's Christmas present to him. He hadn't opened the gifts in front of him, so he wasn't sure if the gifts were good or not, but he knew for a fact one of them was a record.

The game couldn't have gone worse. Eddie was really taking it out on them that particular night. All the guys were complaining about the hordes of monsters they were having to tackle. It seemed like he was just trying to torture them. Eventually they reached a good stopping point at an Inn however and the game came to a close. It was late, the sun had set hours ago and when the group went upstairs, Mike's dad was passed out in his recliner with the television still on. Dustin made his way to his bike, wishing all the other boys a good night as they headed for their bikes as well. Eddie was leaning on his van smoking a cigarette, congratulating the boys nonchalantly on their victory of the horde as he was affectionately calling it. Mike went inside and it was just Eddie and Dustin.

"Well, have a good night, Eds," Dustin said, kicking up his kickstand and throwing a leg over his bike.

"You need a ride home?" He asked, still sounding kind of despondent.

"Uh, yeah sure. I think Delilah's home to if you wanted to-"

"Nah that's okay, we're taking some time apart I think," He said, honestly.

Dustin's jaw hung kind of ajar before he nodded and closed his mouth. He knew something had happened and now he had felt even worse about the state of Delilah on Christmas. Eddie helped Dustin put the bike in the back of the van before the two headed the way to the Henderson home.

"So," Dustin said, finally breaking the silence, "What'd she do?" Dustin asked, assuming Delilah had made the mistake for some reason.

Eddie rolled his head over to him before shaking his head, "Nothing kid, just been spending a lot of time together and we both decided that we should spend some time apart," He lied, Dustin was sure of it. He could tell by how dejected and irritated Eddie sounded when he explained it.