At this moment, you heard rustling in the sheets. You looked over to see Megumi stir.

"Y/n?" He sleepily called out. You stood up from the desk and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Hey, do you need a drink or anything?" You quietly asked. He sat up.

"No, um, I'm sorry for falling asleep like that. How long was I out for?"

"Only about 10 minutes, and I assure you, it's totally fine."

"Okay, I can go back to my room if you'd like," he began to swing his legs around the side.

"No- it's fine- you don't have to," you said abruptly. You could feel a heat rise to your cheeks as you stared at Megumi who returned your gaze. "W-what I mean is, is that I don't mind. I can sleep on the floor."

"No, if anything I'll sleep on the floor, it's your bed," he argued.

"Yeah, it's my bed, my room so I make the rules. Meaning, I'll sleep on the floor."

"Now what kind of gentleman would I be if I let the pretty lady like you sleep on the floor."

You blushed as soon as he said it. He seemed to get bolder the more tired he got.

You sighed, "just let me sleep on the floor."

"You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?"

"Nope," you stated as you grabbed a pillow and a blanket and got comfortable on the carpeted floors. It actually wasn't too bad.

"Well, goodnight y/n. I had fun tonight. Hopefully we can do something again soon," he spoke from above you.

"I had fun too, and yeah, I would like that a lot," you smiled to yourself as you felt yourself drift into sleep.

You woke up surrounded by darkness. Everywhere you looked was dark. You couldn't even see your own hands that were sticking out in front of you. Hoping the darkness would fade, you walked around. There obviously wasn't much to see, but you kept walking. After a few more minutes of aimlessly wandering in the dark. A light flashed in your eyes and quickly faded away. After blinking the floaters away, you walked in the direction the light came from. You eventually came across an empty tank. Upon inspection it looked normal, but then you saw the hatch.

"Hello again, my lovely y/n." A voice echoed in the darkness.

You jumped, and met the eyes of Mahito who was lounging in a beach chair. "Hi."

"It's interesting really," Mahito started, but quickly stopped.

"What is?" You asked, making sure to keep your distance between him and the tank.

"How you're able to come here and see me. You really are valuable. Too bad they only see you as a medic. You could be so powerful."

"What are you saying?" You pushed. The atmosphere just got much darker.

"I really am sorry for the pain I inflicted onto you, but I suppose they were good tests. You did survive after all," he sighed. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that we could make a great team, y/n."

You scowled, "I told you not to call me that."

"My apologies," he sickly smiled before sipping something out a coconut that just appeared. After awhile, he continued. "So what'll it be. You'll join me?"

"No." You spat without hesitation. Mahito rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Teenage girls are the most spiteful creatures to ever walk the Earth. Keep it up and you can be the most spiteful girl in the Afterlife."

You backed away. "You said I was needed alive."

"Well, I suppose we could use you, but we've recently made a discovery. A discovery that could change the way things are forever." Mahito smiled once again.

"What do you mean?"

"Here, I'll show you a sneak peek of what's to come," he laughed and all of a sudden the scene changed. Someone was now floating in that tank. You walked closer to get a better look before your heart sank.

"Megumi," you whimpered before banging your fists on the glass. "Get him out!"

Mahito just kept laughing. "Do you really think that you can stop this? It's inevitable y/n."

You started to cry hysterically against the tank. "Please let him go, take me instead."

There was a gleam in Mahito's eyes. "See you soon, my sweet."

You woke up for the second time, however this time you were covered in sweat and your heart was racing. Tears streamed down your face as you hyperventilated.

You choked out a few sobs, not even realizing that Megumi had been sleeping above you. He was going to die soon. And you couldn't do anything about it.

"Y/n? Y/n are you alright?" He asked, quickly peering off of the side of the bed to see you balled up on the floor, shaking.

You didn't even hear him, you were so focused on what Mahito had said that when he touched you, you flinched.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, lots of concern in his voice. You couldn't respond so you just kept crying. "Was it a nightmare?"

You nodded frantically as he motioned for you to join him on the bed. You couldn't even look at him without picturing the tank.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He asked softly as he gently scratched you back, making sure to avoid the stitches. You began to calm down from his touch.

You shook your head no.

"Okay, I'm right here when you're ready," he responded gently.

You sobbed and shook your head into his chest. This raised his level of concern, but at the moment what was he to do?

Minutes had passed and you began to calm down. It was a nightmare after all, so who knows if wherever you were was real.

"Thank you Megumi," you whispered as you began to fall asleep. You heard Megumi reply with his sweet voice before you felt his hug tighten.

[word count: 1637]

I hated this chapter even when it first wrote it so I'm glad i got to scratch it