"Joe invited the dentist?" she asked. "Ballsy move showing up here, but at least his wife is here to keep him from being rude." Jamie signed. "She looks a little on the young side though," she commented, peeking from behind the window kitchen at the couple seated next to Joe.

"Joe is lucky I like him, and it is his birthday, or I'd throw the jerk out myself," Maisy told her, her frustration bubbling over, following her friend's eyes over to him. 

"Give him a chance, I'm sure he's not that much of an ass. He had been chasing the old man in the rain..." Her friend said. "He cleans up nice though," she told her friend with a wink as she set up the to-go gift boxes, with the different flavors they had served tonight, assembling them swiftly while Maisy filled them with different flavors. 

"Fine," She told her with an eye roll, as she worked on the boxes, creating piles to put at the door when guests left, meeting Rhy's stare from his table.

Rhys

"You made her seem like a monster" Diana whispered, catching me staring back at Maisy, who quickly averted her gaze, focusing back on placing cupcakes into boxes. 

"Hm?" He asked, turning towards his friend.

"Maisy. You made it seem like she all but threw you out of here." She explained, taking another bite of her cupcake.

"I'd bet she would have, had I not left." He smirked at his coworker.

"She can really bake though, and she's pretty," Diana said matter of factly, finishing off her treat, as Joe brought over some of the food they had served. 

In cupcake tins, of course.

"Ha! how creative! Joe, I love your thinking." Diana gushed to Mr. Kingston, holding up a mac and cheese cupcake, who discussed the story about how he wanted a cupcake-themed party, but Gary wanted to have normal food as well.

Rhys surveyed the bakery, people swaying on the dance floor to big band music blaring through the speakers upstairs. So many people Joe knew, and if it weren't for Diana replying on Rhys' behalf, he would be at home, finishing the latest season of Attack On Titan Terri had recommended.

"You're pouting again," Diana whispered, pinching his arm.

"Ow! You know as your boss, this classifies as abuse." He told her jokingly rubbing his arm, his scowl never leaving his face, as Diana laughed, knowing he was even a stiff at parties, the only emotion he showed tonight was a hint of annoyance when he saw the tiny baker who had the bravery to stand up to his grouchy self.  

"It is after business hours, so you're our friend now, Loosen up Hyun! It's a party, not a root canal." She joked as the table laughed.

He cracked a smile, as he loosened his shoulders, Diana as always, was right. It was Joe's night, and he worked hard all week. He deserved some fun.

"So, what'd you guys get me for my birthday?" Joe asked from across the table, as he blanked, Joe's gift. He had been so busy, that he had forgotten his (begrudgingly) favorite patient's gift.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Kingston... I forgot to get your gift." He said apologizing. 

Joe laughed, taking his hand, "How many times do I have to remind you boy? It's Joe. Of course, your presence at my party is enough, even though I know you're cringing at all the sugar I'm having tonight." he said with a smile. 

Rhys relaxed and promised to mentally make it up to him later on. After dancing with Diana for a song, and then with Terri, he sat back down, watching his friends enjoy themselves. Diana was escorted back by Gary, who sat next to his partner and smiled, they were having the time of their lives.