His face was pale, his eyes were still open, he was out of breath, tired. I put my hand on his cheek. His eyes meet mine, my heart breaks.

"Billy... Billy that's me."

A smile appears on Billy's lips, he places his hand on mine that was on his cheek. He immediately speaks up.

"Cassie, is that you?

- Yes it's me... Listen Billy, we're going to get you out of here okay? The ambulances are going to be here, you're going to make it, okay?"

I was trying to convince Billy that everything was going to be okay, but I could see in his eyes that he didn't believe a word that came out of my mouth. He immediately stops me putting his hand on my face. My tears are flowing.

"Hey, Cassie, stop Cassie. I can't do this, it's over."

I immediately widen my eyes, he was telling me he wasn't going to make it, and it was tearing me apart. Another tear falls, Billy wipes it away with his thumb.

"No... Billy no! You can't leave me, I don't want you to leave me, we had a deal for life, remember? You can't do this to me.

- I'm sorry Cassie... It got me."

I frown, crying even more, I look around but Billy gently grabs my face, making my eyes meet his.

"Cassie, please look at me. Look at me."

I nod, signaling to him that I will watch him until the end.

"I want you to be the last thing I see before I die Cassie."

I widen my eyes, my heart melting in my rib cage, my tears flowing more densely. The blond man began to stare at me a little more, analyzing every corner of my face, a smile forming on his lips.

"You look exactly like your mother."

I stifle a laugh, caressing his hand with the tip of my thumb, Billy promptly slips his other hand into his pocket before pulling out a piece of paper. He hands it to me.

"I... I knew I was going to get through, I left this for you, read it later."

I take the piece of paper, looking at it for a few seconds before drifting my eyes to Billy, confused I ask Billy.

"What is this?

- What I never had the courage to tell you."

I ink my eyes in Billy's, before nodding, tucking the paper away in my pocket. Billy looks at me one last time, speaking up.

"You look beautiful."

I smile softly, Billy was starting to blink softly, slowly falling asleep. He opens his mouth, as if he wanted to say something before whispering a few words.

"Cassie I..."

He slowly stops, running out of air, I put my hand on his chest, checking his heart, it's beating slower. I rest my eyes on Billy, he slides his hand down my cheek before moving it up to my hair, tucking one of my strands behind my ear.

"Yes?" I say so he finishes his sentence.

He rests his hand on his cheek before opening his mouth again, murmuring a few almost inaudible words.

"I lov..."

I frown before bringing my face close to Billy's, I speak up confused.

"What are you saying? Billy?"

Billy's eyes gradually close, before he closes them completely.

"Billy? Billy! Answer me..."

I understand that this is really the end. And at that very moment, it was as if a part of me was being torn away. The tears flowed freely, I couldn't stop them, Billy's shirt was almost wet.

"Billy, please don't leave me..." I sob.

I put my hand over his heart, but it wasn't beating anymore. Billy was gone. His joy, his humor, his anger, his arrogance, his sarcasm that didn't fit. He was gone. I feel a hand slide over my shoulder. I step back and see Maxine.

She immediately takes me in her arms, sobbing against my chest, I put my chin on her hair, passing my arms around her, comforting her, I slide my hand on her hair, caressing it.

"I'm sorry..." I say in her ear between some sobs.

Part of me didn't want to believe it, didn't want to let it go. I thought I was dreaming and would soon wake up from this nightmare.

I suddenly woke up, breathing hard, my hands were clammy and I could feel drops of sweat running down my forehead and back. I immediately turned on my bedside lamp.

It was just a nightmare, a simple nightmare... I regain my senses and my breath looking around me. I put my eyes on my clock radio noticing that it's three in the morning. I sigh before opening the drawer of my bedside table, I rummage around between my books, the case of my reading glasses and some birthday cards.

I finally find Billy's letter, it folded in four, the paper was still stained with his blood. It may surprise you, but I never read that letter. I refused to know what Billy wanted to tell me, I wanted him to tell me himself, from his mouth.

But he died, for good. I would never see him again. So maybe I should finally open this letter and read it.

author's note
HELLOOOOOOO
i hope u guys are doing good:)

im sorry, this chapter is SOOOO long but i really enjoyed writing it even tho i cried:(

but whatever, im sorry for this suspens at the end, but we're going to discover Billy's letter to Cassie in the next chapter.

so see you soon!! <3

xoxo