Chapter 5-1: What A True Swordsman Is.

(Reminder: Events might be changed because I can't be bothered to play through it again.)

"Now to the final person..." Enjo was now approaching a dojo that looks to be abandoned.

It was night at the time as he wanted to check first without anyone noticing him.

'But it looks like someone already beat me here...' Enjo's eyes flashed blue as the figure started running away from the dojo. Before the figure could get far, Enjo muttered some incantations as a small pentagram formed behind it before disappearing.

'I'll investigate that later...'

Heading inside the dojo, he looked at the fallen scrolls and katanas.

"Now, what was that figure trying to find?"

After a few minutes of searching, he found a shelf filled with important scrolls, with one that seemed to be missing.

'I'll check that figure out after this.' Leaving the dojo with that thought in mind, he went out and then was met by a familiar person.

Said person slashed at him as Enjo rose an eyebrow, turning his body into blue fire to dodge.

Enjo was on the ledge as he decided to jump down and dashed away to more open space as the person who tried to stab him followed.

As Enjo found a good place to stop and fight back, he turned, summoning Wintersoul as blue flames erupted as his pursuer countered with Hydro slashes.

Closing his eyes, Enjo raised his sword with a stance as both people stared at each other.

"Decimate, Azure Flames./Kamisato Art: Suiyuu."

Hydro lotuses started to form around them with some freezing from the cold temperature Enjo's blue flames were emitting as both smirked at each other

"Kamisato Art: Kyouka." The figure made a clone, disappearing from Enjo's sight and then reappearing behind him.

"No, you don't!" Enjo said as he met his sword with his, blue flames flaring up, freezing the area around him as his enemy did 5 slashes at once to try and intercept the attack.

Enjo and the light blue-haired male countered/parried each other's moves.

The hydro lotuses ended as the force from their swords hitting pushed them both back. After a few seconds, Enjo and his enemy sheathed their sword.

"Still can't find anyone to spar with you and keep up, Master Ayato?" 

"Yes, but that wasn't what I was here for. I was just here to say hello to a good friend." 

"Well, that's one way to greet someone."

Ayato smiled at him as Enjo shook his head.

"Well, onto business. Why are you here?" Enjo asked as Ayato's smile turned into a fake one as an ominous aura formed around him.

"I heard from Thoma that he gave you an offer that you agreed to."

Ayato approached him menacingly as Enjo sighed.

From the way Enjo heard Ayato emphasize "heard", he may have forced it out of the poor housekeeper.

"..." Enjo kept silent as Ayato kept approaching him.

"...if it weren't for the Vision Hunt Decree and the suspicious activity of the Fatui in Inazuma, I would have started approaching your sister with motives of my own, but now is not the time for it. Also, even if the deal was both a joke or it was real, I would have agreed to it, no questions asked."

Ayato put a hand on Enjo's shoulder as they stared at each other.

...

...

...

Ayato couldn't help but chuckle as he patted his shoulder.

"I know. If we met you earlier, I think Father and Mother would have loved to meet you." Ayato closed his eyes as he remembered those days when he and Ayaka were younger.

Enjo's eyes widened slightly as he looked through his pockets, somewhat confusing the older Kamisato.

As Enjo took something from his pocket, Ayato's eyes widened, looking at the familiar object.

It was Kamisato Kayo's hairpin.

If it weren't for Ayato knowing who Enjo was, he would have killed him in a blink of an eye.

Enjo held the ornament for Ayato to take as the latter took it and held it.

Suddenly, blue sparks started to appear before him as 2 people formed.

Ayato stared at the 2 as tears started to form on his face.

As to not be rude, Enjo just smiled and gave them their privacy.

"A wonderful evening to you, my son. It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

...

_

Ayato waved goodbye as the 2 spirits, Kayo, and her husband, went towards Enjo who smiled at them.

"Happy about your reunion?" 

Judging from the beautiful smile on Kayo's face, he didn't need an answer but he asked it anyway.

"Why yes, Young Shiroyuki. I'm ecstatic!"

"Well, you still need to meet your daughter so don't go ascending yet."

"Oh don't you worry, I still need to watch over my daughter. You-" Kayo shut her husband up with her hand.

"Let's talk again, and when we do, inform me about your relationship with my little angel, alright?"

They disappeared in a flash as Ayato gave him a smirk.

"You keep that hairpin, it was yours originally anyway."

Ayato nodded and kept the hairpin somewhere safe.

"Since when were you acquainted with spirits?" Ayato asked as Enjo hummed a bit.

"I told you already that I died once, didn't I? I was a Liyue citizen and was a part of an exorcist family before I did. I guess dying and coming back to life did something." 

"And it's also not because Orobaxi didn't help you?"

"Eh, maybe."

Both swordsmen chuckled as they shook each other's hands.

"Let's meet again after you finish the mission Ayaka gave you."

"I'll hold you to that."

Disappearing into the night, Enjo disappeared in blue flames as Ayato stared at it for a bit.

"What an interesting brother-in-law I will have..."

...

...

...

END

A/N: Yo, long time no see on this fanfic.

Sorry if it's short and all, I plan on doing 1000-word chapters now because I'm guessing you want consistent but quality updates.